Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create a video gallery using product page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a video gallery using product page?

Fellow 3DCart people,

We do product review videos, and are ramping up on them this year. We want to create a gallery of them on our site, and I know there are plug-ins for this.

Instead, I wonder if it is possible to create this using the 3dcart product and category structure. Basically, I want to make an alternate product page template, strip out the options, add to cart, etc, and leave JUST the video, review lonks / rating, and description. This would create a searchable page for each video, within the 3dcart structure. It would also allow bulk csv uploading and utilize the built-in dynamic category menu structure. Would this work, or not work for any reason? Can you modify the listing template to that degree?

Thanks,

BP

Example.....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yes, you can create a page template for just about anything. The 3DCart Design Docs should help.
      But uh.... that's not exactly a video gallery. Do you intend on using a Category page as the video gallery?
      Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

You may as well do it in a content page.

You say gallery - do you mean to have more than one video on a page?
        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

TMS Clint and DeanP, you are correct, I did not phrase it properly. I plan to use a category page as the gallery, and the listing page for the video itself.

Using these instead of content pages makes setting up the nav dynamic. Create 1 category (videos) and subcategories for different types. Also allows CSV uploading, easy redirects, sorting reviews, etc.

Any technical reason not to?

BP

Comment

Sure, that's another use for that system. I have used it in a couple applications to list off partners or distributors.
            - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Working...
            X