Email to Customer - Not Receiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email to Customer - Not Receiving

The box to notify customer on new order is checked at my store manager.

When I did a test order, the customer never received an email ? Do I have to manually trigger an email by viewing the order and clicking "notify customer" for the new order? Shouldn't this happen automatically.

How long does it normally take , should I wait a while for it to show up ?

Thanks

Originally posted by Scott B View Post
    Do I have to manually trigger an email by viewing the order and clicking "notify customer" for the new order? Shouldn't this happen automatically.
    Thanks
    it should send the email automatically

Originally posted by Scott B View Post
    How long does it normally take , should I wait a while for it to show up ?
    Thanks
    if an email hasn't arrived within a minute, then it probably never will.

Comment

Yes, it should be sent automatically. You mentioned that a test order was placed, but that the customer never received the email....If someone else's email was used for that test order, I would open up the order and try putting your email in, check Resend Order and see what happens.

Occasionally I have a customer who doesn't receive a New Order email from us. One of two things seem to happen:
      1. It lands in their spam folder or
      2. It's a customer with an AOL account. I've had a handful of AOL customers who never received the New Order email.

Comment

Resolved

I discovered in the email manager, you must have a Valid email address in the "from" field or it will not process. I had removed an email address and substituted " New Order" in the from field. This caused the system not to send an email. When I replaced with a valid email ...all fixed.

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Working...
        X