Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR123
    replied
    Not sure how many manufacturers you have, but couldn't you do a promotion and just "Exclude items from these manufacturers" and select all EXCEPT the ones that you want the promotion to apply towards?

Just a thought, and not sure if that would even work...I'm not well versed in using Manufacturers for promotions.

-James

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFabllc
    replied
    Originally posted by Nader View Post
    I'm looking for a quicker % based option that is applied to all products of a certain manufacturer. Way too many products and categories to move them around for sales but I appreciate the response.

Best case would be create a promotion with coupon code required that is for only 1 manufacturer. Currently I only see the option to exclude manufacturers which would take quite a while to select all but 1.

That whole process only takes a few mins once you have done it before. its way easier then excluding all but 1 manufacturer. You arent really moving them, you are just adding them to a sale category and leaving them in the original category. Even removing the category once the sale is over is pretty fast through CSV. You could even add the category to them using CSV if you wanted.

Leave a comment:

• Birdsafe
    replied
    Why not create a hidden category with just those manufacturer's products and put that category on sale with the coupon?

Leave a comment:

• Nader
    replied
    I'm looking for a quicker % based option that is applied to all products of a certain manufacturer. Way too many products and categories to move them around for sales but I appreciate the response.

Best case would be create a promotion with coupon code required that is for only 1 manufacturer. Currently I only see the option to exclude manufacturers which would take quite a while to select all but 1.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFabllc
    replied
    Nader I think I have a work around for you!

Ok, the easiest thing may be to create a category name it Sales or Specials something like that. Then you can hide it from navigation if you want ( just created a "Current Sales" category and i am leaving it visible. ). Then do a filter of the products for the manufacturer you want to put on sale. Select all of the products you want to put on sale. On the bottom of the list there is a action drop down menu. Click on that and select add to category Then add them to the category you created for special priced products or sales.

Now you can go into the promotion manager and create a promotion either using a coupon or just a promotion that is automatic for that category if added to cart ,You would apply it to the sale category you created at the start of this. Now The only thing that may be a pain in the butt is that you can not remove those products from that category from the admin panel. You will most likely have to export that brand or any products you added to that category as a CSV file and then remove that category listing in excel and then save and upload it back to the site causing it to remove the category from those products.

Step 1 Create a Sale Category "Current Sales"
    Step 2 Filter search manufacture you want to discount in the product view / edit menu
    Step 3 Select all products from that manufacturer and Add them to the new category using batch action drop down
    Step 4 Create Promotion for products apply to the sale category
    Step 5 Profit

Removal

Step 1 Filter Manufactuer in product view / edit menu
    Step 2 Export the selected products
    Step 3 Open in excel
    Step 4 Do a Find and Replace find the category and replace with nothing
    Step 5 Import CSV file back into the site
    Step 6 Test site.

I just did this for Edge Products Brand in our store www.forcedfabllc.com to test. We are running a 10% off sale so it was good practice. Also make sure you have no other promotions like free shipping over $XX.XX that is marked as non stackable because it will default to the older promotion and not apply the new one. It took me a good few minutes to figure out that is why my new promotion for the 10% off wasnt showing and only free shipping over 149.99 was.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Nader
    started a topic Coupon based on manfacturer

Coupon based on manfacturer

We will sometimes have vendors that do a holiday sale on all of their products, I see the way to exclude manufacturers but I don't see a way to restrict the coupon to only certain manufacturers.

Anyone know a way to accomplish this?
Working...
X