Related items showing when none are selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Related items showing when none are selected

I'm just testing out some core functionality as I begin developing a new website. I am working with a full 3DCart site (not a demo). But, it is still only populated with the sample data provided by 3DCart.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or as designed. If it is working as designed, I'm looking for a workaround:

On one sample part, I created a related item by choosing 'add new' in the Related tab, and assigning another existing part to be a related part.

When I view the store, the first item has a 'Related Items' header below the main description containing the single related item I added.

None of the other sample parts have 'Related products' assigned. But, the 'Related Items' header still shows below the main part description. Apparently, it displays other items from the category if none are specifically assigned.

Is there any way to disable the second behavior? The way our products are categorized, other parts in the same category are not necessarily related, as far as our customers would be concerned.

go to Modules, find related items, and disable "allow random related items"

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
      go to Modules, find related items, and disable "allow random related items"
      perfect! thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X