Mail Not Being Received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Not Being Received

Anyone else having mail problems?? Very frustrating and going on for weeks on and off....where I email a customer from my cart email account and they don't get my email and I don't get an undeliverable back. Ticket is in server admin right now open for days. The last fix was they had to restart the queue because the messages were stuck......my busiest time of year yet.
    Last edited by blt212; 12-06-2015, 07:17 AM.

I'm sorry you are having issue with the email from the store. If the ticket is with the admins they are probably running test to see what's causing the recipient not to get the email. Have you gotten an update regarding this from the admins? I can see about checking the status of the ticket, I will just need the ticket id.

Comment

If you are speaking of smartermail - yes many issues I would say past 6 weeks - today completely down again - ticket already into 3dcart - I would love for a differen email provider via 3dcart. I know we could use our google account or others, prefer to have our domain name attached to our email.

Comment

blt212 When you send these emails, are you sending them by logging into the 3dcart mail software, or are you using an alias or "send mail as" function through another address?
        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I am having both sending thru CRM and sending directly thru the mail program. What's so frustrating is I am receiving emails from the same addresses I can't send to....so if a customer emails me and I reply, they're not getting them. However it's not happening with everyone all the time. For example this morning it was a charter.net account....she told me she never got statuses on her order which I know I sent thru the cart. We just did a test and I replied to her message with a read receipt and she did not get. It's not making me look very customer service oriented....time to start screaming at someone.

Comment

And let me add that even though I am subscribed to this thread, I got no notifications of any responses.....

Comment

Have you received any bounced emails?

If you send less than 10,000 emails a month, you can integrate with Mandrill for free - the API connectivity is already built into 3dcart. This will give you more control and insight into your emails if they're read, what's in them, etc.

Comment

That is a great suggestion Dean!

Comment

3dcart resolved our issues - having to tweak the server a few times - no idea what they did, but so far the past week aol ,charter, etc. are all going through to our customers. When the issue starts you can almost pinpoint it as all of a sudden you will get many emails coming back as no good - finally had to send mail source code to 3dcart so they could see the emails were all being rejected based on the 3dcart server.

Comment

I the beginning weeks of December. I was getting notifications that e-mails were bouncing anytime someone placed an order. I have no Idea why. I looked at the email addresses and they are ALL from different servers. Gmail, Yahoo, and other.coms. Because of this...... I ended up getting 2 chargebacks. One of them was resolved quickly because the customer got their merchandise. The other though I had an irate customer that canceled the order. The only problem is the merchandise has to go back to Spain. So after they ship the boots back to spain, Im going to get a refund MINUS shipping to and from Spain. So Im going to lose about $120 on shipping and I was also charged 2 $50 chargeback fees. So this whole BS w the email has cost me about $170. Also hours on the phone w DHL and my distributors. It was extremely frustrating and maddening because DHL were being dicks and my distributors wernt much help either. This whole mess ads totally made my life a living hell. Iff changing shopping carts wasnt such a pain in the ass Id be switching. I actually had to call tech support and they led me into modules and I had to "TURN ON" the e-mail feature. A feature that should have already been turned on and running as PART of the shipping cart. The fact that these e-mails were not going out automatically is beyond crazy!!

Comment

I just also changed an order to "processing" I clicked the NOTIFY check box and the e-mail bounced once again. Im getting the notification in my yahoo mail that
                      ----- Forwarded Message -----

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

Comment

Sorry about the troubles that you are currently having.Do you have an open support ticket about the bounce back issue? If so please provide me with the numbers and we can work on preventing this issue from happening. Thank you! Have a great day!

Comment

sweetboots - Under Delivery to the following recipients failed, you should see the reason why. Keep reading and it'll tell you. You will need to be viewing the "original" plain text version of the email.

Comment

The email problem persists. Today, after placing several test orders, I got no email notifications. Seems like an on-going problem. Any comment form 3D Cart folks? Is this a know issue?

Comment

mihooper That was an issue we heard from a handful of merchants that has since been resolved. If the problem still hasn't been resolved, please provide a ticket number so that we could bring it to our admins' attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X