What BOT/Spider is from Boise Idaho?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What BOT/Spider is from Boise Idaho?

I've noticed I am getting hit by a spider or a bot from Boise according to Google Analytics. It is opening 8+ pages of my site at a time and does not appear to be a customer. I have tried to figure out what their IP address is but can't nail it down. Has anyone else noticed this spider or bot on their site lately? I would like to block them if they are not legit. Thanks so much!

Dana

OK I figured it out. Its Solution Pro out of Boise Idaho. They were hitting my site thousands of times so I blocked their IP ranges. Hopefully that will stop their spamming.

Comment

OK the IP block function does not appear to be working. =( I checked my stats and they are still able to hit my site even though I can confirm the IP they are using is in the block. Anyone else have a suggestion of what I can do?

Comment

That's pretty strange, we can do blocking at the server level, but the server admins need to do that. Can you submit a ticket? Make sure that you include the IP(s) that seem to keep hitting your site even after you blocked them. We'll check into that, and also block them at the router/server level.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks for your response GonzaloGil. It looks like it is working now. No new hits from them recently. =)

Comment

Working...
          X