Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are your postage calculations today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are your postage calculations today?

The USPS price increases and changes went into effect today and as far as I can tell my 3dcart postage calculations are not updated correctly? Has anyone else tested their rates today? I am trying to figure out what I need to work on and with so many changes it sure is a pain in the butt.

Thanks,
    Dana

For example the one ounce first class mail postage went up from $2.04 to $2.60 and I my real time postage calculation is still showing the old rate in the cart....

Comment

Originally posted by Danab View Post
      For example the one ounce first class mail postage went up from $2.04 to $2.60 and I my real time postage calculation is still showing the old rate in the cart....

I was playing around with rates tonight. Any first class package under 8oz should now be $2.60, however the rates don't show this (Shipping easy does show the correct rates.) Also first class mail is now available for packages up to 16oz (up from 13) it seems 3dcart is not showing this change either.

However, Im not sure its 3dcarts fault. Afterall we have to put in our credentials to pull the USPS rates... Maybe USPS is not giving the right rates through their API? (Although this seems unlikely)

Comment

Thanks NMTEACO. USPS sent out a few emails notifying us of upcoming updates to their API. They did not say we had to update our credentials nor is there anything in the release that we as end users can change. When I run the test credentials in 3dcart it still comes back OK. I am hoping 3dcart will chime in. Otherwise I will have to write a support ticket. Most of my shipments go first class mail so it is an issue for me to have the correct rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Danab View Post
          Thanks NMTEACO. USPS sent out a few emails notifying us of upcoming updates to their API. They did not say we had to update our credentials nor is there anything in the release that we as end users can change. When I run the test credentials in 3dcart it still comes back OK. I am hoping 3dcart will chime in. Otherwise I will have to write a support ticket. Most of my shipments go first class mail so it is an issue for me to have the correct rates.

Hi Danab,

There are no updates needed by our merchants in order to see the updated USPS rates. USPS will return the updated rates in their response. I checked the settings on your site and the XML response from USPS, and I see that USPS is returning $2.54 for First Class. Can you confirm if you're seeing the updated rates now?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 3dc-Dan View Post

I checked the settings on your site and the XML response from USPS, and I see that USPS is returning $2.54 for First Class. Can you confirm if you're seeing the updated rates now?
            But 2.54 is not the correct amount. It should be 2.60 for every package 8oz and under.

Also 3dcart is not allowing first class mail options for packages between 13 and 16 ounces. (I new option from USPS)

I have opened a support ticket. So far the people trying to help are very confused about the situation.

Comment

NMTEACO Thanks for mentioning the 16 oz First Class. I had no idea, and this should help offset the steep price increases in Priority Mail.
              Endicia limits it to 15.9 oz. I believe the USPS rule is up to, but not including 16 oz.

Comment

Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post

But 2.54 is not the correct amount. It should be 2.60 for every package 8oz and under.

Also 3dcart is not allowing first class mail options for packages between 13 and 16 ounces. (I new option from USPS)

I have opened a support ticket. So far the people trying to help are very confused about the situation.
                Hi NMTEACO,

The $2.54 amount is what is returned by USPS in their API response. I also checked this on their site and, using the same specs we send in the XML request, it is also returning $2.54 for First Class Mail - Parcel:

https://postcalc.usps.com/MailServic.../01/19%2011:00

http://screencast.com/t/NH4IgdlCwt

I will check into whether we're allowing First Class for packages between 13 and 16 ounces and let you know.

Comment

OK I figured out what is happening I think. I tested packages on the USPS website under both retail and business. The postage being returned in 3dcart is USPS retail counter rates not the new commercial rates. In addition retail rates still do not allow packages over 13 ounces. This is the reason the real time calculator still defaults to priority mail for anything over 13 ounces. So I am guessing the only way to reflect the new commercial pricing would be to either somehow have the API return commercial rates (I saw no way to do this) or to program 9 different methods by weight. I have attached a graphic that shows the new pricing.

Comment

Hmm photo does not seem to be showing up correctly LOL. Here's a link to it instead.
                    http://1ivu6q1gqh2kndjc23ryof11v5.wp.../FCPS_2016.png

Comment

3dc-Dan So if what Danab is saying is correct, 3dcart no longer supports a full integration with USPS real time calculation?
                      Last edited by NMTEACO; 01-19-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Danab, your image is tiny. Convert it from a png to a jpg and it will do much better.

Comment

cwnoah it shows up big in the link if you click on it directly, but I converted the file for you. See if you can see this one. The first column in the new commercial pricing, the second is the retail counter pricing. =)

Comment

elightbox The increase in the weight limit for first class commercial parcels is a very nice savings for our customers. $3.55-$3.65 vs.$6.10 for the small flat rate priority boxes is huge! I sell smaller items so it makes a big difference for me. I don't see many international orders in my future with the increase in cost though. So everything helps! I hope there is a way to get the new rates in 3dcart. =)

Comment

Danab and NMTEACO,

To get the commercial rates, you need to disable the "First Class Mail - Parcel" method and enable the "First Class Commercial Package Service" method in Settings>>General>>Shipping Settings, as these options can't be enabled at the same time and will default to the retail rate when they are. This method will allow the increased weight limit that the retail service does not, and it will return the commercial rates.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X