Confused with free shipping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused with free shipping.

I have roughly 400 product items and would like to set it up for free shipping on orders exceeding $100 as long as standard ground (USPS, UPS or FEDEX) can be used. Only available in the contiguous 48 states. Any product that would go LTL or truck load (roughly 20% of products) would have to pay shipping and of course if the $100 threshold is not met, shipping charges would apply. Also, not all products will qualify for free shipping such as glass jars. How do I go about setting that up?

While testing, I updated one product to "free shipping". If it's ordered by itself, it works - no shipping is charged. But when I order it with another product that does not have free shipping, 3Dcart calculates shipping for both products and does not deduct the amount for the first product's free shipping status. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

wbee That should be taken care of by enabling the shipping setting "Excluse Free Shipping Items from Realtime Calculations".

Comment

What if I want to exclude the free shipping products (marked as free shipping), but only for certain shipping options? For example, I want to offer free ground shipping on one product, but no free shipping on the other. I then want to give them the option to get free shipping for the one item that ships by itself, but pay for shipping on the other item. This works fine right now with just a single "Free UPS Ground Shipping" options I've created as I selected "Exclude Free Shipping Items from Realtime Calculations", but I only want to do it for my UPS Ground. If they want to ship next day air, I want to calculate all of the items regardless of Free Shipping. I tried a couple of promotions things and will still play with it, but I don't think that will work either because it's either "Free" or "Not Free" from what I can tell. I only want it "Free" if it's ground shipping.

Comment

What I do is clearly indicate that free shipping items are Continental US -- Ground shipping only. If they want to make other arrangements then they need to place an order by phone and we figure it out manually.
        Joe Arbogast
        http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Working...
        X