Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Use of USPS w/ Military Addresses

Hey,

I've had an issue with military addresses almost since the beginning.

When I try to allow USPS shipping with military addresses(Priority), a lot of time "no shipping" shows up, or, if I allow it, "shipping will be calculated". Most of the time the customer gets so frustrated they just leave.

Can anyone tell me how they configured this? I can't seem to get it to work right. I figure shipping them the package is the least I could do.

THanks!

We had that initially, but now have no issues. We added:

Country/State: US - AE
    Country/State: US - AA
    Country/State: US - AP

Under the "new shipping option" at the bottom of that page, select United States, and for the state, select the state "American Armed Forces Europe" (or Pacific, or Americas) from the bottom 3 on the list. Then select the shipping method that you want to use for them.

Works great for us--we ship to them quite frequently. :)

Comment

im having problems with military addresses can you elaborate about the 2nd half of your order

under shipping countries i have added aa ap ae but dont understand the 2nd half of your solution.

Comment

Actually, I think in the 4 years since that last post this issue was addressed. Just make sure that the following are in your list of "states" for the US (Settings >> Shipping >> Shipping Countries, then click "Check States" button next to United States):

American Armed Forces Americas (AA)
        American Armed Forces Europe (AE)
        American Armed Forces Pacific (AP)

Comment

Originally posted by rrw View Post
          Actually, I think in the 4 years since that last post this issue was addressed. Just make sure that the following are in your list of "states" for the US (Settings >> Shipping >> Shipping Countries, then click "Check States" button next to United States):

American Armed Forces Americas (AA)
          American Armed Forces Europe (AE)
          American Armed Forces Pacific (AP)
          I do not see these options... can you confirm they are where you said they are?

Did you "add new" and add them yourself at some point??
          Last edited by NMTEACO; 03-27-2012, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post
            I do not see these options... can you confirm they are where you said they are?

Did you "add new" and add them yourself at some point??
            I had to add them new because they were not in my setup and I got calls from folks trying to do APO.

Comment

I'm sorry--it's been so long I didn't even remember adding them--I thought it had been done by the 3dCart folks in an update.

Comment

I thought they were set up also,

What do they put in for the city?
                Is it the APO or FPO?

Comment

In Shipping, Countries go to US and click "Check States."
                  Add the three as "states". Then make sure they are selected as active.

Include or exclude them from the USA shipping methods you want them in.

Comment

Working...
                  X