Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do modules keep randomly becoming disabled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do modules keep randomly becoming disabled?

Today is the second time I noticed a few modules magically became disabled. Today it was Store Search, Quick Search, Top Sellers, and Email A Friend. The same exact thing happened about a month ago. Has anyone else had this problem, or know why it happens and how to stop it from happening again?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Last edited by OCSpeaker; 02-20-2016, 07:39 PM.

Yes, we have noticed the same thing. Our site is customized, so 3dcart always blames it on the customizations even if no customizations had happened before that time period.

Comment

This happens when the back end is updated by 3dcart in any way. They have the most popular modules set to off as default, which is crazy. Never got any response from addressing the issue last year. For certain templates I can adjust so that it is not controlled by 3dcart updates any longer
      TheCartDesigner.com
      Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
      100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

A bunch of ours were turned off. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Quote from another thread: http://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shopp...heck-yours-now

There is no definite link beween features being disabled and our updates, but there were sporadic reports of features being disabled when switching from the old admin to the new.
          3dcart-Alex The above statement is completely untrue.

There is a definite link between updates and features being turned off. I have been on the new admin for months. I have not switched to the old admin for months and a bunch of our features were turned off with the latest update.
          This latest incident was not the first time, and we are not the only ones.

It is galling that 3dcart will not take responsibility for this and that you are still denying that there is a link. There are endless posts in the forum about this, and all your users cannot be wrong. Denying it does not make it so.

Comment

elightbox Thanks for the examples. My definitition for "definite link" in that statement was a consistency in modules being turned off with every update. I know there are previous cases, and sadly, I didn't notice this thread where you are discussing it regarding the last update, but put in perspective, the other post I replied to was the first case in this update that I was aware of. I (as an agent of 3dcart) take responsibility for that, and have no intention of showing anyone of you to be wrong. With that being said, I'll look over this thread and see if I can get a case together for this last update. If anyone else experienced this issue, please let me know.

Comment

thanks - we just had our site done for responsive and I went in to change new sellers 2 days ago (so Wed. of this week) from showing 4 to showing 5 products - noticed at the time that top sellers was not an enabled module. When I changed the number to 5 products, all heck broke lose, upper search bar and slogan were gone as well as top sellers on the left. Called 3dcart and I was told I could not reset them as it was in the "old admin" ?? To make a long story short - they enabled them and hopefully put it in my new admin as I was unable to enable the search module or top sellers. They now show as enabled on my admin and afraid to touch them:) Glad to hear this is happening to other folks as I'm going to alert my contact at 3dcart since I was told this was new to them.

Comment

Just to help trouble shoot, my experience was a bit similar to ebeegirl

I saw this post, so I checked the site, and things looked fine. Search and mailing list were there. Then I went to modules and I made one change (e-mail a friend was off, and I turned it back on). Next thing I know a customer is calling reporting there is no search box. The mailing list bar was also gone, as well as a couple of other things.

I suspect that these modules were somehow turned off and that only took effect when I clicked View Site to clear the cache after my change.

Comment

elightbox - sounds exactly what I happened to me - all looked fine until I went into modules and noticed some were not enabled that should have been. Were you able to enable them on your admin? I was not able to as no matter if I enabled them etc. nothing happened until I called support and they went into the old admin and then enabled them. I have not touched the modules since.

Comment

ebeegirl yes, I was able to turn the modules back on with no problem. I have been on the new admin for months. I have not reverted to the old one at all.

I guess the procedure when changing anything in the modules, is to check again after making any change and clicking SAVE.

Comment

Social icons turned off for me again today. In admin access area on store settings all the socialcommerce boxes were unchecked, yet I was still able to edit the blog, so I may not have noticed that one for a while.

What is most strange is that it seems some of the items in store language have been reset to a recent point.
                      Last edited by Brtp4; 02-28-2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

If you have "Calculate shipping after Discounts" checked, verify it is still checked.

A couple of days ago we had a customer order under our Free Shipping threshold (using a coupon) and they got free shipping.

When I checked, the "Calculate shipping after Discounts" was checked.
                        I contacted support, they did a test order (worked as expected: did not get free shipping) and looked at the settings and this box was checked.

Today another support agent did another test order and got free shipping, checked the settings and this box was unchecked ??!! So is it turning off and on by itself??!!

1. I am the only one that has access to the admin.
                        2. I only use the NEW Admin. I have not accessed the old legacy admin in months.
                        3. I have not changed the shipping settings in months.

Comment

Ok, so with my experience with this issue is extensive for obvious reasons. After an update as suggested previously and verified between stores that were updated and stores that had yet to be, this does seem to be the case as I mentioned previously. Now.. Along with that although i did not think of mentioning it previously, yes if this are not showing on the front end and you go to modules they show as active each and every time.... Until you resave or even just navigate away from modules and return, then everything appears off that is not showing on the front end.

Here is what I am thinking and have actually gotten pretty use to this process. Somehow I think the main module page caches somehow to the last instance view. But when you return or refresh it gives the newest instance view. Is this correct? No clue. But that seems to be how the modules page plays out.
                          TheCartDesigner.com
                          Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                          100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

only thing I can tell you as I have used new admin since it was launched. Had new responsive website designed by 3dcart. New website became active and I simply went into modules to tweak number from 4 to 5 on how many top sellers were showing. I found it strange that in my admin "Top Sellers" and "Store Search" were not shown as enabled. I then simply changed the top sellers from 4 to 5, saved the module and thats when all heck broke out on our website. I was not even able to enable or unenable these modules at all - I would try and nothing worked. Called support and was told something about they were enabled on my old admin and not my new admin? And no way for me to change anything until they were enabled by 3dcart on their end?? Sounds like person designing site was working on the dev site and someone simply did not activate these modules at all on our site (our admin) and then when I went to change the top seller number I could not change the modules to show or not show. 2nd person I spoke to in support when it happened again worked on it and somehow moved the module info onto my admin so I could then enable and disenable them, if this makes sense? I have not touched top sellers or any other module again. It was crazy that I could not enable these modules at all as I tried and nothing happened. I could clear cache, save, log out log back in and still unable to enable the modules until 3dcart stated they moved them over to my admin?? I'll play around with the modules perhaps this coming weekend but too busy to mess with it now. I am the only one that touches our admin - shoot just 2 of us and my husband has no clue where to even begin:)
                            Last edited by ebeegirl; 03-02-2016, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X