Payment Option changed by someone other than me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Option changed by someone other than me

I requested help yesterday as i had a customer try to use her rewards points and she got an error message because the order total was zero yet she still tried to use her cc. i logged into her acct, placed the order using her reward points, total was zero owed. i selected no payment necessary and order checked out fine. 3dcart support told me i had no payment necessary deactivated in my store settings, which is NOT TRUE, and i have the order to prove it! this morning i start getting responses from support about the error and i replied that i did have that payment option activated, ONLY TO LOG IN AND FIND SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME CHANGED THE SETTING. I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS AND IT NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED!!!

We had our "Calculate free shipping after discounts" unchecked by itself too.
    Support also gave me some standard canned answers about switching between old admin and new admin and someone or changing settings.

I am the only one that has access to the admin, and I have been using the new admin exclusively.

Modules settings also keep changing by themselves.

3dcart has a problem with settings changing. 3dcart-Alex

Comment

I use the old admin, I will not use the new admin until they resolve all the problems. I too am the only admin on in my store. I know for a fact they changed the setting, they admitted it, claiming it was for testing purposes and neglected to change it back. I've been noticing a severe decline in support and responses. I get responses from different people about the same ticket and their responses contradict each other. I have great concerns about the security of my admin, customer information and the like, when a support member can access my store, without leaving me a trail to follow. Not ok...I am moving away from 3dcart. I am a small store, and I have to work hard for every dollar, and I just cannot handle the stress this causes me.

Comment

They swear that modules can't get turned off with their updates, etc. but it's far too common with people reporting these instances after an update. I'm the only person with access to my dash, heck I'm the only person here period, and I know I don't turn them off. Why would I so I can hunt and find out how to turn them back on?

Comment

Look at any forum page at the top in Posting Rules, then click SEE MORE. There are instructions there as to what to do if a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner. It sounds like this qualifies.

Comment

Yes but it's only been occurring since April 2015 - I'm told there's a plan fix sometime in the third quarter of 2017

Comment

2017? Wonder if that's when they might add all the flat rate options so you at least get accurate shipping calculations. Are you serious? 2017?

Comment

If you knew me you would know I am not serious nor is 3-D cart serious about e-commerce if they were they wouldn't have released version 7 and then forced close to 400 updates in 90 days on merchants struggling in a highly competitive e-commerce world

Comment

Mitch, be careful not to bite your tongue while it's in your cheek! ;)

You do raise some serious concerns which I share, though. We've definitely been taking a beating with all the changes, especially the broken ones.

Comment

To be fair, 3dcart is amongst the best out there, at reasonable prices. I do wish they would address some of the lingering issues though.

Note that many of the issues with the new admin can be self fixed using Chrome and the Stylebot CSS extension. You can customize it completely to your liking. Just keep the html editor turned off and you are good.

Comment

That would be if your coding savvy, which I'm not and I can't be the only store owner who can't code, is afraid to because it might mess things up, etc. While I realize I should probably learn to do some basic coding, I simply do not have time. I barely get to sleep as it is LOL

Comment

Originally posted by windycityparrot View Post
                        Yes but it's only been occurring since April 2015 - I'm told there's a plan fix sometime in the third quarter of 2017
                        Sometimes, I am reminded of something I used to say at a past company:

"hey, what time is our 2 o'clock meeting?"

Not everyone found it funny though.....

BP

Comment

Toobusy no coding required. I just made an easy step by step instructions here:
                          http://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shopp...mize-the-admin

Comment

Working...
                          X