"My Shortcuts" in Admin is useless...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My Shortcuts" in Admin is useless...

I must have missed the discussion on this...

The My Shortcut feature in the admin panel is basically useless. Per support (and my experience) you cannot change the link URL, only the name and delete the items altogether.

What is the point of this feature if you can't edit it? Or am I missing something?

I didn't see a uservoice subject on this, did I miss that too? It is Monday...:)

DaveW

At some point in the past, we were able to edit the URL. Now we can't. I think this happened with the new admin, but it could have happened earlier and I did not notice.

That said, I do love the shortcut feature. I have all the important links bookmarked and it saves me tons of hunting around especially for important features that I do not access all the time.

Comment

I also love the shortcut feature. I don't have very many shortcuts set up, but the most important to me is Import/Export, since I always load product changes via CSV file. They do save me time and remembering how to get to a certain feature, since not all of them are intuitive.

I had never tried to edit the URL, but I certainly think it should be possible. I have one shortcut set up for "Settings - Clear Adv Cache", which points to "store_settings.asp". It goes to "Settings > Store", which is the far left selection on that page, and I would much prefer it go to "Settings > General", which is the far right selection on the page. This is where Adv Cache is actually found. I guess you can't have everything, and it sure beats trying to remember how to get there.

Comment

Since I can't edit the URL the function is silly. Even more so after I deleted a few of the original ones :) but even those were pointless.

Edit: I switched back to Lagacy Admin which allowed me to change the URL's but I cannot add more to replace the ones I deleted.

If 3dcart-Alex is not going to fix the functionality of this feature, they should rename it to "Some random dude's Shortcuts" :)

DaveW
        Last edited by DaveW; 02-29-2016, 06:16 PM.

Comment

DaveW, I really can't see the shortcut function as silly. Admittedly it could stand some improvement, but it's still useful. Maybe if you told us exactly what you're trying to accomplish we could come up with a way to get it done. Worth a shot, anyway.

Comment

DaveW When you are on any page on the admin, just click the STAR at the bottom of the admin to add that page to your shortcuts. Mostly works like a charm.
            I think you are not seeing that star, and are trying to add the Faves manually :)

I just added a shortcut for "Not-Completed Orders", and the short cut goes directly there. Note: you have to reload the page after adding the shortcut to have it show up in the menu. You also need to edit the shortcut name, 'cause it will only say Orders.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
              DaveW When you are on any page on the admin, just click the STAR at the bottom of the admin to add that page to your shortcuts. Mostly works like a charm.
              I think you are not seeing that star, and are trying to add the Faves manually :)

I just added a shortcut for "Not-Completed Orders", and the short cut goes directly there. Note: you have to reload the page after adding the shortcut to have it show up in the menu. You also need to edit the shortcut name, 'cause it will only say Orders.
              Yes, this. I completely missed the star thing. Oddly enough, when you go to support and search for "My Shortcuts" there is no mention of this functionality. And I put a support ticket in asking the same thing as above and they also didn't mention it.

Of course, mine seems to be broken, I get an error on every page I hit the star on. :)

THanks all,

DaveW

Comment

I'd like to add http://status.3dcart.com/. Would you try that please?

Comment

Davef, I don't think that page is directly accessible from a link in Admin. I could be wrong, though. Perhaps you should set it up as a bookmark in your browser. I use Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar in Firefox, which keeps my most-used bookmarks at the top of the page and allows me to choose how many rows to display.

Comment

cwnnoah - Yep, that's what I thought. Figured if you couldn't edit the url, it couldn't be done. Had already bookmarked it.

Comment

Working...
                    X