Setting Google SMTP for transactional e-mails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Google SMTP for transactional e-mails

Has anyone been able to do this. In the post below, Jimmy indicates that it is possible through fudging the mandrill integration, however I have not been able to make it work.

As Mandrill is being switched to a Mailchimp Add-on for additional $$, we would like to switch our transactional e-mails to Gmail.

We have had issues in the past with the native 3dcart mail server being blocked. Also, our Gmail Apps account will validate our e-mails SPFand DKIM for better deliver-ability.

3dcart-Alex do you have any ideas to make this work?

http://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shopp...tp-integration

I have tried many times to get this to work and have not been able to. I have asked support, but because they do not officially support it, they can not help me.

The Mandrill implementation works great for me, but unable to get Google Apps/Gmail to work by doing what Jimmy suggests.

Comment

I need this too!

Comment

3dcart did confirm that it does not work with Google Smtp at this time, but they are working to make it work in the future.

Sendgrid offers a free account and 3dcart does work with Sendgrid.

Comment

sparkpost.com offers FREE transactional e-mails and it works as a substitute for Mandrill in 3dcart. I have yet to figured out how to configure opens and link tracking,

Comment

elightbox were you able to set sparkpost up in the same fields used for the Mandrill add on in 3dcart? I'll be looking into this tonight when I have some free time.

Comment

Danab Yea, Sparkpost setup is the same as Mandrill. As I mentioned I have not been able to setup open tracking. I contacted their support with no answer (I have a fee plan).
              Please share if you figure out the open tracking thing.

Comment

elightbox Gah I am so behind in everything right now I have not had time to work on this. I removed all the info. from the fields in the Mandrill add-on since tomorrow is the deadline. Mandrill still shows as installed so I am hoping it will revert to the standard 3dcart settings? I do not see a way to "turn it off" or disable it so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                  Danab Yea, Sparkpost setup is the same as Mandrill. As I mentioned I have not been able to setup open tracking. I contacted their support with no answer (I have a fee plan).
                  Please share if you figure out the open tracking thing.

I entered the SparkPost credentials into the Mandrill 3dcart app and it seems to be working. We were having a TERRIBLE time with Comcast customers not receiving our emails through the CRM module. I'm hoping this will fix it!

Comment

Working...
                  X