Edit Invoice Before Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Invoice Before Payment

I have a UK buyer who wants to purchase 3 items. The deal I have struck with him includes a reduced shipping charge (items are moderately heavy). If he purchases them from my site, what is the procedure to follow for me (not him) to go in and change the shipping charge (or apply a discount) so the total deal amount is as negotiated? Is there a way for him to request an updated invoice? If/when he goes back into his order to pay, does the change hold and does not recalculate to the automatic total? I'm trying to avoid having to refund unless I have to.

Thanks!

Pam

How is he paying? If he is using a credit card and you only authorize, you can change any line item,discount line, shipping line, whatever you wish and Save the page, then when you capture the transaction the updated amount will be the amount captured and you can then resend the order confirmation with the corrected amount.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Thanks, Joe! He'll likely be paying with PayPal. I also accept Stripe for credit cards but that option transfers control to Stripe to process, which is fine with me. I was thinking maybe just do up a "Phone Sale" and do the invoice in PayPal. Or through 3DCart, if that would accomplish the same thing. Can I fiddle with the numbers on a "Phone Sale"? I've never done one so would like to know how to do it.

Comment

Pam -- yes, you can change prices and shipping cost when taking a phone order -- you can also allow him to place an order by "check" and then fix the numbers and then send a PayPal money request.
        Joe Arbogast
        http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Or, you could simply create a discount code specifically for him to use that would make up the difference. That way, you wouldn't have to go back in and change anything or send an updated invoice.

Comment

Scott McKirahan That's what I do also for my customers who make regular purchases through my website, although most call and tell me what they need. That way they get a quantity discount, or a B2B type discount and I don't have to edit the invoice or take my time to do the phone order and tweak it.

Comment

Working...
            X