Cannot enlarge photos on mobile site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot enlarge photos on mobile site.

I don't know if I am missing a setting somewhere, but I have been trying to figure out ways to increase sales since they are at an all time low. One of the things I noticed is that on the mobile phone responsive site, there is no product photo zoom. If you try and make a photo bigger by clicking or "spreading" it open with your fingers, it only stays one size. I never shop on my phone so I did not realize this earlier. My competitors have the ability to either click or tap to see a larger photo on their mobile sites. Since I sell jewelry and lots of my traffic is coming in on mobile, I think this is a real issue for me and may be resulting in lost sales. Mind you some of my products are OK without a large photo but many of them need it. The zoom works on the desktop version.

I checked and I only have two zoom functions listed as available in my admin. 3dzoom (what the site is currently set at) and none. I tried setting the site to none to see what that would look like and nothing changed. I tried clearing the cache and only the 3dzoom shows? So it appears I only have one zoom option when the tooltip lists three?

Is this the same for everyone? Is there no product zoom for mobile phones with the 3dcart on your responsive sites? Wondering if I need to submit a ticket.......I am using the esquisite 3dcart template.

Thank you so much for any info.!

Dana

P.S. I checked and Ebay, etsy and Amazon all have the ability to click to zoom to a larger photo on their mobile sites. Joann's and lots of other sites offer click to zoom too. I checked and the only response from 3dcart on this issue I can find is in regards to pinch to zoom: "The use of responsiveness negates the need for pinch to zoom since the idea of responsiveness is to automatically display the page in the platform that is it being viewed in." It doesn't address the lack of a click to zoom function so I hope that is available somehow.

Comment

Checked my site on mobile and you are correct, it doesn't zoom in or out. What happens if someone really wants to see something close up, or a portion of the photo of the product....not a good selling point if someone has no ability to zoom in on a particular area of a product. Heck I can't even find the zoom options in the new admin. I still hate the new admin, I spend more time looking for stuff than I should have to and never mind the knowledge base, it's a waste of time also. Nothing relates to the new admin and if it does, I've found it isn't even accurate there most times.

Comment

Toobusy I was really surprised the zoom is not working on my mobile site. I just assumed some function was there and I never thought to check. I think it is so important for the customers to see details if they want to before they make a purchase. If all the major stores are offering it, it has to have merit. There seem to be many things that work on the desktop but not when the responsive templates go to mobile phones. I am glad this is not just me. Maybe it is time to try making a request for mobile click to zoom or getting 3dcart to fix it if it is actually broken. Zoom is in general>store settings>product display in the new admin.

Comment

I checked mine on my desktop and it's set to only enlarge but it just pops up with a sightly larger image and that doesn't work for me either. I restore muscle car components and people want to see the detail and until I read this post I didn't check either. I know before my responsive template I could zoom so now I have to do a little more digging. THANKS for telling me where to find the setting, that'll leave me extra hair on my head for tomorrow :-)

Comment

I've had this issue for 2 years. 80% of our traffic is mobile and you can't zoom on mobile. 3dZoom only works on desktop - useless! can anyone get zoom to work on mobile on their 3dcart store?

Comment

When I first switched to a 3dcart responsive template, I noticed the same thing. 3dcart didn't seem to care. I had hired an outside web designer (who I would never recommend, she was horrible) but one of the things I had her do was to make sure my pictures could zoom in and out by pinching the screen. It does work on my site, take a look on an iphone. I also had the same issue on the iPad, but that is fixed now as well. Not sure what the designer did to fix this but absolutely, when 3dcart offered responsive templates, they should have included this feature, it's a standard feature in all website templates. I will say, it hasn't helped my sales at all, mine are also at an all time low, it's been horrible!

Comment

I added this request to the user-voice submission page but its waiting for moderator approval. Once it is approved please show your support by voting for it. Hopefully 3dcart will add it to the list of things to work on!
                Add Click to Zoom functionality to photos on mobile devices

Comment

The strange thing now, is when you click the image on the listing page, it says "Loading Zoom", but nothing changes.

Change your View Port Meta to this. This will allow you to zoom the whole site. I haven't found any adverse affects. I tested with Google and the site is Mobile Friendly.

Code:
                  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=2, user-scalable=yes" />

Comment

I ran across this Pinch/Zoom app on Codecanyon. It looks very promising and it may replace 3dcart zoom all together. Currently I don't have time to try to install it, but I thought maybe someone else might want to give it a try and see if it works in 3dcart. The app is only $6.00, so nothing to lose except a few hours of hacking.

http://codecanyon.net/item/pinch-zoo...plugin/6623080

Comment

elightbox Thanks so much. I edited the view port code you suggested and there is rudimentary "zoom" like function working for my mobile shoppers now. The photos are pixelated when enlarged but at least it is something. I have not had the time to look at that app on code canyon yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X