Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete An Order

Hello,
    I am wondering how to process and complete an order. I see the steps to go through the fulfillment process where I add tracking and the date it was shipped but how do I get the system to understand that the item was delivered and the order is complete? I was messing around with things when I first made my site and I wanted to check the order process so I ordered something from myself, 2 weeks later, it still shows not completed and I can't find out how to do it. Now I just started getting real orders and I wonder if they will all be that way.

Thanks

After you enter the tracking number and ship date, click Shipped. An email is sent to the customer providing the tracking number. As far as I know, the system does not provide delivery status. That is verified on the shipper's website.

Comment

Roger -- make sure you check the Notify Box next to the order status box when you change the order to Shipped, otherwise the system will not send the email. What I do is when I prepare orders for packaging, I change them to Processing -- customers get an email letting them know we are working on their order, and then they will get the Shipped email when it does ship. When a customer clicks on the tracking link in the email, depending on the carrier, it will most of the times give them an estimated delivery date as returned from the shipper.
      Joe Arbogast
      http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Birdsafe, I do the same as you. In addition, I send a personal shipped email with the tracking number the same day. I hope getting 2 shipped emails doesn't confuse the customer. I get 2 from some of the companies I do business regularly, and it doesn't bother me. If I needed to eliminate one of them, I'd skip the one from 3dcart, because I like my personal one better.

There really isn't a status for Completed, so if it's shipped, I consider it complete.

Comment

So, essentially, there is no "completed" status...Orders will just always show as "shipped" and nothing else then? Seems to me that it would make sense if you could select an order and then mark it as completed but that's just me.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Roger M -- you can create your own categories if you want, but it is the "shipped" status that triggers the email with tracking information -- so you would be adding an additional step if you wanted a "Completed" status. I think most vendors just recognize "shipped" as "complete"
            Joe Arbogast
            http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Working...
            X