Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Customer Discount Only

Hi,

Is it possible to set up a one off discount for any new customer, with out a coupon code?

So basically the database/software will know when a customer is placing their very first order, and they get a specific discount with out a coupon?

Thanks,

Richard

So far as I can see, no: you can set up an automatic discount that applies once per customer, but you can not have this apply only to customers creating new accounts; it would apply to existing customers as well.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Richard

I have modified the email that 3dcart sends out to include a discount code. I have also auto approved new customers. Every now and then someone uses the code. Most of my purchases are from guest accounts so they wouldn't get a 'first' order discount.
      Sue
      Fabric Garden
      fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Hi,

Thanks Dean and Sue, for the reply.

I will try these out and see how they go.

Regards,

Richard

Comment

I was wondering what is the "marker" that determines if a customer has used such a promotion? Is it by email address? IP address? If you set something like this up and you allow anonymous checkout, what's to stop someone from getting it over and over by not using an account?
          Joe Arbogast
          http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Hi Birdsafe,

I am not sure, but I think email addresses would be the easiest marker.

I am not worried if it is used more than once from a guest or anonymous checkout, as we have never had any, all our client's actually register first.

The concept of offering a "New Customer" a special discount is to entice them to enter the website, and have a good look around, and also to use in Adwords, Remarketing, Facebook, etc., once we get this up and running.

Regards,

Richard

Comment

You can do this with customer groups. If you have a few orders then you can do it by hand. If you have a lot of orders, then you could have a script written to work with the API.

Set up an automatic promotion that applies to the "none" customer group. After someone orders move them to the "current customer" (or something) customer group.

Comment

Hi NMTEACO,

I was hoping this could be done automatically through 3dcart.

I will try all these suggestions here and see how they work.

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

RichiamOrganics I noticed on your site you have a image in your shopping cart that is not displaying. (inewarning.png). Also at the bottom of the page you have the word "test" showing up.

Comment

Hi NMTEACO,

I had to remove the image as it was causing errors on that page for some reason. It wasn't important anyway.

However I have never noticed the "test", must have been from the original template.

By the way this is my current site that I am moving to 3dcart.

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

here's the set up in promotion manager http://screencast.com/t/3Oo39jAOd based on email address - some customers figure out using multiple email address will compound the discount - god bless em - I'll still take their money

Comment

Hi Mitch,

It seems pretty straight forward - probably too easy!

Once my new site is complete, I will set this up.

You have saved me some work - much appreciated.

Have you come across any issues with this type of promotion?

Regards,

Richard

Comment

Working...
                        X