Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping

I sell one product that can come in four different sizes. So basically I want to list the product and the customer can pick between a 15x15, 20x20, 25x25 and a 30x30. But the shipping on all of those will be so different, so I need to make sure each one gets a different shipping box (size and weight). How can I do that?
    Last edited by harpergrayce; 05-26-2016, 12:22 AM.

You can have different weights for the options using "advanced options", however you cant set different dimensions.

Comment

Have you tried the "custom product" field in product options? It's for kit building - it's adds whatever product you specify. So you could have 4 hidden products - one for each size - and each with the proper product dimensions filled in. If you have boxes set up, the software should pick the appropriate box for shipping calculations. I emphasize should because I haven't tried this scenario, but logical software ought to facilitate this outcome.
      - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Originally posted by DeanP View Post
        Have you tried the "custom product" field in product options? It's for kit building - it's adds whatever product you specify. So you could have 4 hidden products - one for each size - and each with the proper product dimensions filled in. If you have boxes set up, the software should pick the appropriate box for shipping calculations. I emphasize should because I haven't tried this scenario, but logical software ought to facilitate this outcome.
        I'm new to 3dcart. I'm looking for the "custom product" field, but I cannot find it. Where would I look? I've already added all my box sizes, so I'm good on that.

Comment

It's in the options tab for a product, assuming you have created options. The column is on the right side. Play around with it and let us know if it works.
          - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Originally posted by DeanP View Post
            It's in the options tab for a product, assuming you have created options. The column is on the right side. Play around with it and let us know if it works.
            Ok, yes, that's exactly where I was looking actually. I will play around with it. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
            X