Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you set up your email, fixed width or 100% ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you set up your email, fixed width or 100% ?

Working through the changes from how my current cart does things and what is offered by 3dcart has brought me to a bit of a crossroad. My current basic html template has always been a fixed width of 500 pxl, scroll down as needed. Of course the footer on the 3dcart email by default fills to 100%. I noticed the same for the supplied templates in the newsletter section. I always used a logo and banner .jpg that matched my site and set a fixed width so it would always display well on a PC and tablets. Not sure how well they looked on smart phones.

So my question is this; Do you keep images small and set the table width for 100% or keep a fixed width to control how your message looks? What is the current best practice?

Basically you're asking if your emails should be responsive... which I would say YES. This also applies to your website. Designing for responsive is a bit more difficult because you have to make it look good at all sizes. But with the number of people using phones these days for everything, I think it's important.

Comment

After making this post I worked on my current template and started modifying it to be responsive. Then I looked at your definite YES answer and got to doing more looking on the web. Wow, I have sooo fallin behind it is not funny. maybe what I should have asked was who's responsive email templates do most 3dcart owners use, like Stamplia or Themeforest?

Comment

For marketing email we use a service called mailchimp, it handles the email list, templates, and "campaigns" (The newsletters). For a small list they are great, for a large list they are a little expensive. We have 15,000 people on our newsletter and it's about $150 a month. I am actually looking around at other solutions, but it's so easy to use I just have stuck with them.

For transactional emails I have written my own template. (A much more simplified version of the default ones).

Comment

Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post
          For marketing email we use a service called mailchimp,

For transactional emails I have written my own template. (A much more simplified version of the default ones).
          Thanks! I knew of the mailing services but was never to keen on the prices for my small list. Seems they have a free version that has room for me to grow and send way more email per month.

Comment

Working...
          X