User names, passwords and moving .csv to 3dcart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User names, passwords and moving .csv to 3dcart

Today was the first day of working on moving some bulk data to 3dcart. Downloaded the test customer.csv file and started passing info over to it. So the first thing that is different is in my old database, every customer has a username. From looking things over I take it that the customer's registered email is there new 3dcart username. So my question is how ( for those moving from one cart to another ) do you deal with the customer? Send out a mailing letting everyone know of the move and that there old user name and password are now invalid? To log back in use your email address and zip code to sign in, then change the password as they wish?

When I migrated my old cart would not allow export of passwords -- so all customers had to reset their passwords on the 3dCart store. I added a line to the My Account page about first-time customers moving over needing to reset -- I also put out an email to all customers and offered them a bonus in rewards points for updating their account passwords.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Originally posted by Birdsafe View Post
      I added a line to the My Account page about first-time customers moving over needing to reset.
      had not thought of that. Great idea. Some thing like; All customers registered with us prior to [date-of-move] will need to reset there password.

Comment

Working...
      X