Recurring Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurring Orders

Is anyone using the Recurring Orders (Auto Ship) app?

We are considering it, but I have just learned from tech support that customers cannot cancel a recurring order themselves, they have to call or email us to do it for them.

At $99 per month, it would helpful to know if anyone has had good or bad experiences with this, and if you view the roi worth it.

Thanks in advance!

Hello there.
    I'm sorry you got the wrong info, customers can cancel an order as well as change the frequency, and when the next order should come as well. Screenshot attached.

I am going to make sure we publish more info on the module to prevent further confusion.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil , this is what makes 3dcart stand out in a crowd. Everyone makes mistakes (tech support's incorrect answer), but it's how we acknowledge and fix them that counts. Kudos!

Comment

They can not make changes to their orders in terms of adding new products (However YOU can add and delete items in the back end, which is nice if people want to make changes they just have to email you), but as Gonzalo said, they are able to change date, frequency, and cancel.

I have made extensive modifications to the templates to make autoship more clear for the user. For instance in our limited use we don't want them to be able to change the frequency, so I have taken that button out.

I also changed the way everything looks in terms of making those changes to make it more clear.

Overall the system works pretty well.

We have had to add an item for people to "update" their card, since that is a common problem you will run into. Basically the item is a $1 thing with free shipping, when they add it to the cart the system does an authorization, not a capture, and then we cancel it manually. Once they use their new card to pay for this item, they are then able to go into their account and change the payment method on the recurring order. (There is no way for you to add a card manually in the backend, it has to go through the front end system)

If you have any other specific questions let me know!

-David

Comment

Hi Gonzalo, thank you for clarifying!

David, I also appreciate your response and detail. Would you say the module is worth it given the cost and effort you have put in?

Many thanks,

Joe

Comment

We have a tea of the month club... which would not be possible without it. So yes, for us its worth it.

However, I question how often a customer would use it without that.

We have had a few people who want to do their regular tea orders through the system, which we set up manually. However they always want to change their order each month. So we end up just telling people to place their order each month themselves. Because our shopping cart saves the credit card info, and they can hit the "reorder" button on their accounts, its pretty simple for people to reorder themselves.

So is it worth it for you? It depends on what you sell, and who your customers are. If you operate a regular margins you will have to sell $200 extra a month of stuff just to pay for the feature.

-David

Comment

We actually just lowered the price of the app so that you can get started for just $19/mo, and see if it works for you.

http://apps.3dcart.com/autoship-recurring-orders.html

Also, the plugin

Also another app that could be interesting if you have the type of business where people re-order, take a look at;

http://apps.3dcart.com/reorder-reminder-service.html

The app will setup a reminder and email the customer at whatever interval they choose to remind them about re-stocking on the product.

----------------------------
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Can someone tell me if in the Autoship app -- can you specify what products can and can't be applied?
                Joe Arbogast
                http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

How would one apply a discount to recurring orders automatically?
                  Joe Arbogast
                  http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Originally posted by Birdsafe View Post
                    Can someone tell me if in the Autoship app -- can you specify what products can and can't be applied?
                    Yes

Originally posted by Birdsafe View Post
                    How would one apply a discount to recurring orders automatically?
                    In the promotions settings there is a checkmark to make it apply to recurring orders only.

Comment

Working...
                    X