X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Cart jacks the Back button

Looking for a sanity check here. . .

WIth QuickCart turned OFF. . .

in Firefox, I click Add to Cart, item is added to cart, I click the browser's Back button, and I go back a page. Good.

In Chrome, I click Add to Cart, item is added to cart, I click the browser's Back button, and it keeps me at the current page. Not Good.

WIth QuickCart turned ON. . .

in Firefox, I click Add to Cart, item is added to cart, the Quick Cart pops up, I close out of it, I click the browser's Back button, and it refreshed the current page I'm on. Not Good.

In Chrome, I click Add to Cart, item is added to cart, the Quick Cart pops up, I close out of it, I click the browser's Back button, and it refreshed the current page I'm on. Not Good.

I've looked at some other 3dcart stores from some members here and see similar results. It appears as though adding to cart triggers an extra page, so the back button does not work correctly after adding to cart.

Can anyone else confirm? Anyone have a fix to make the Back button work properly?
    Last edited by JSCWebK; 07-01-2016, 05:22 PM.

Did you try clicking the back button twice? That'll take you back to the previous page.

Comment

The quick cart "refreshes" the page by reloading it when the add to cart button is clicked. You can use "back to category", or "back to product" buttons on the quick-cart. The last category, and last product are stored as cookies by the cart.

I completely rewrote the quick-cart popup because I wanted to make it look different and act differently. You can bring up the quick-cart from any page, and my quick-cart hides itself after a few seconds (unless you click on it) when its brought up automatically after adding a product to the cart. However, I found no way to do it without reloading the page upon adding the product to the cart.

Comment

Working...
      X