Error that State Field is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error that State Field is missing

I have had several customers over the past week report that they could not check out due to an error message indicating for them to enter the Shipping State and Billing State -- though it was already correctly filled in. Support is baflled -- wondered if anyone else has seen this issue.

Thanks
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

I get customers that forget to change it since it is a blank drop down. Its been this way for months and months. I guess its not a priority to fix the issues in the check out. Which is strange because its one of the most important pages on the entire system.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFabllc View Post
      I get customers that forget to change it since it is a blank drop down. Its been this way for months and months. I guess its not a priority to fix the issues in the check out. Which is strange because its one of the most important pages on the entire system.

What do you mean by "Forget to change it" -- change it from what? What I'm referring to is that customers have already selected the correct state in the dropdown and then 3dCart tells them to fill in the field.
      Joe Arbogast

Comment

ForcedFabllc 3dcart has made a fix for the blank state field and now it says State. Look at the template in the Common Folder for the latest version.

Comment

elightbox -- not sure that applies to my error -- my error that customers are seeing is that their correct state is filled in and looks correct, yet they are being told it is not.
          Joe Arbogast

Comment

Birdsafe my answer was specific for ForcedFabllc. I have never experienced what you are mentioning with the State Field, however I just had a customer that was saying she was getting an "Enter your e-mail address" error, while her e-mail was there. I opened the order from the back end, and sure enough her e-mail was there, and I was able to finish the order on my browser. This is not the first time I have experienced this with the e-mail field.

Comment

elightbox I am having the same problem with a customer calling me to say the cart will not accept his e-mail. I checked and it looked correct. I also finished the order for him in my browser. I am having many incomplete orders right now. I am on one page checkout and think some things might be solved by going to multi page checkout but the responsive version looks like crap, It also does not have all the shipping, discounts etc. in an easy to read format on the last page. I wish 3dcart would spend some time on the checkouts. They need some serious improvements.

Comment

Danab V2 was a big improvement. There are definitely some glitches, the problem is they don't happen all the time, and support cannot help if they cannot replicate it.
                The checkout page is the most important page, and I also do wish 3dcart would spend time debugging the heck out of it until all glitches are taken care of. Not holding my breath though!

Comment

elightbox I am using V2. Also trying out The Cart Designers version which looks much nicer. I get these bizarre errors sometimes when I am doing phone orders or completing checkout for folks. Sometimes it is the email. Or it says something has changed (when it has not) and it gives an error message and you have to go back and try pressing ??something?? to get it to update. Sometimes it is the shipping, the email, the state was changed and who knows what else. I can't get anything consistent either so I have not submitted a ticket. I know customers are not going to be able to figure out what is going on and its frustrating and resulting in lost sales.

Comment

I just got another CRM a few minutes ago....
                    "Im very interested on buying a few of your bracelets. However once i have inputed all information for billing. It doesnt allow me to complete my transaction. Due to unregistered email. If someone can kindly help me with this." Customers do not need to register on my site to checkout and that box is still not checked in admin.

I checked the order and the e-mail field this time was blank. I just made email not required to checkout so hopefully this customer will be able to complete their purchase.

Maybe we should start a problems with checkout fields post so the OP's issue and ours as well as any others can be addressed (since we cannot replicate the problem consistently) or we can come up with some solutions? 3dcart really needs to work on these checkout glitches.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                      ForcedFabllc 3dcart has made a fix for the blank state field and now it says State. Look at the template in the Common Folder for the latest version.
                      ehh, i am not even going to bother updating or fixing it, its a 3dcart issue they should have done it by now, I shouldn't have to touch it.
                      Last edited by ForcedFabllc; 07-14-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

ForcedFabllc Probably you have customized the V2 template on your site, and 3dcart will never fix your custom template. You have to either add to fix to your template, or revert to the 3dcart V2 template from the Common-html5 folder.

Comment

Here is an issue I came across that has caused issues in the checkout when testing the 3dcart v2 last month

Browser Form Fill Apps. If you use an app that auto fills forms with your common info, that has been shown to fill the area but will not be recognized by the system. (Random Issue.. Issue doesn't repeat all of the time... Maybe caching through the app somehow)
                          TheCartDesigner.com
                          Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                          100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                          X