Force customers to be Credit Card during registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force customers to be Credit Card during registration

I'm using a stock 3DCart template (v32008).

When a customer registers an account, right below the required email and password field is a pulldown to choose either 'retail account' or 'credit card'. I would like to do away with this pulldown altogether and just pass the 'credit card' account type for every registration.

I've found the section of html in the registration_0.html file in the block below:

Code:
        <!--START: account_type-->
          <div class="loginField">
            <label for="discount">[registration_account-type]:</label>
            <select name="discount" tabindex="3" class="txtBoxStyle">
              [reg_groupdropdown]
            </select>
            <div class="clear"></div>
          </div>
          <!--END: account_type-->

I just don't know what I should alter. Does anyone have any advice? Or am I overcomplicating this and there's a checkbox somewhere in the admin panel to adjust this without resorting to hard coding it?

The first question to ask is if you really want these two "discount groups" (or customer groups).

Under "customers" and "discount groups" you can set up your groups. If you don't want to divide customers up then just delete the groups, and everyone will be "none" when they register.

If you want to still have groups, but you don't want to allow people to pick their group when registering then uncheck the checkbox "Allow Registration" in the customers > manage groups > customer groups section.

Your last option is to leave everything the same, and just delete the code you referenced from the registration page. Although I don't recommend this, since you might change your mind later.

Comment

Don't delete the code, just comment it out. Make a backup before you start.

Comment

If you want to still have groups, but you don't want to allow people to pick their group when registering then uncheck the checkbox "Allow Registration" in the customers > manage groups > customer groups section.
        This is what I was after. Thanks.
        Last edited by dibble; 08-05-2016, 10:46 AM. Reason: Resolved; after playing with the 'allow registration' setting I've gotten the desired result

Comment

Working...
        X