Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suddenly having lots of field errors with cell phone orders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly having lots of field errors with cell phone orders...

I am curious if anyone else is having this issue? I have suddenly started getting lots of field errors coming in from cell phone orders. I am assuming it is from their auto-fill? Their year of birth is going into the Company Name field and a truncated version of their phone number is going into the second line of the address. I have been going in and correcting it manually but I can't imagine it is good for customers to have to go back and correct it and could be frustrating for them. So many aren't catching it and one gal called me to have me correct it for her. I am using The Cart Designers single page checkout upgrade so I am not sure if it is the result of a phone OS upgrade, 3dcart or the upgraded cart?

OK I just got yet another order with this occurring. I tested it and it is happening with desktops as well. I swapped over to the 3dcart V1 one page checkout and the error is not happening there. So hopefully someone who is using the 3dcart V2 one page checkout can let me know how auto-fill is working with it. Thank you!
    Last edited by Danab; 09-20-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Danab Just sent you an email. There have been no reports to any issues.
      TheCartDesigner.com
      Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
      100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thanks Shaun. I just replied. I checked my browser auto-fill settings and the issue does not appear to be originating from there either? All of those fields are correct they just get auto-filled in incorrectly to those two fields somehow. I don't think my customers want me to know the year they were born when they place an order. LOL

Comment

I am looking into it for you, however the action in which a form is auto filled by a browser app is not an issue directly related to 3dcart, the checkout template, or the checkout process. But I am looking to see what I can find out for you.
          TheCartDesigner.com
          Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
          100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thanks Shaun you rock as always.

Comment

Working...
            X