Need some help on this page "products_byprice_1-1-1.html"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help on this page "products_byprice_1-1-1.html"

We all have this page in our store - we do not use search by price and would like to completely remove this from our website - I have searched everywhere and not sure where to find it?? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

There is an option on the Settings > General > Store Settings > Product Display tab where you can check the "Hide Browse by Price" feature.

Comment

The box is checked so it is not actively showing up on our site - my issue is how to get rid of this url "products_byprice_1-1-1.html" or for that matter where to change the name of this url. It is showing up on search functions on google etc. and our customers keep asking about pricing based on older price structures.

Anyway to make this url disabled completely or for that matter I could change the name to an error page url? I don't want this url active at all irregardless if it is not showing on our site - folks are still finding it online even though I have the box checked so it doesn't show on our site. Hope this makes sense - I need to either change the url file name to something else or redirect it to another url - I have tried a 301 redirect but that is not working?

So basically when folks click on this link that is not enabled on our website it still shows up in google search? I want folks to be redirected to another page - since they are clicking on this url which is a 3dcart url the redirects within 3dcart do not redirect them would only work if another website such as BigCommerce webpage and redirecting them to a 3dcart page. Just need to somehow change this page, disable it from even working for that matter - driving me crazy trying to figure out this one.

Try it yourself - if you do not have search by price on your website and then enter your website here: http://www.yourwebsite.com/products_byprice_1-1-1.html

Comment

Just off the top of my head, are you able to setup a 301 redirect in the "SEO settings"?

Comment

That was my first idea - it doesn't work at all - tried redirecting to an error page or any other page - no good. then I removed some coding Even removed this <!--START: FRAME_BYPRICE-->
          <div id="sidebar-BP" class="mod_bg"></div>
          <!--END: FRAME_BYPRICE--> from the frame template - just want this page to be gone and trying to figure out how? I would even change the name of the .html page but can't find that anywhere??? My brain is exhausted trying to figure this one out.

Comment

even removed this from frame template <!-- <div class="mob-menu-mod visible-mob">
            <div class="mob-mod-heading">Browse By Price</div>
            <div id="mob-byprice" class="mob-mod-content"></div>
            </div> -->

Comment

Delete everything on the template file. And make sure you refresh the cash in the settings.

Comment

ebeegirl just for FYI that may shed some insight, This is a search page. There are also these pages depending on how many price group tiers there are.
                products_byprice_2-1-1.html
                products_byprice_3-1-1.html
                products_byprice_4-1-1.html

Go to Settings > General > Store Settings > Product Display tab, and below "Hide Browse by Price" click Edit Settings, and delete the tiers there.

If you delete the price tiers, then only the first page 1-1-1 will remain, this will only list the items with price of 0.00. You can remove these, by changing the price :)

Comment

ebeegirl Glad you caught this by the way.

Comment

elightbox - do you know of any way to also remove this page from a website? Thanks

Comment

ebeegirl which page? The 1-1-1? I don't think you can remove that. If you follow my instructions above, it should be empty, or with any item of your choosing.
                      You can add a footer to your search page with links, etc, if customers end up on it.

Comment

thanks - I was just trying to completely remove this page or change the url name - I've tried everything. thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X