v2 Checkout Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v2 Checkout Problem

Hello all... We recently switched to V2 checkout. Last night the gateway component was failing so I attempted to do my own test order. I discovered that I could not login (as a customer) on the new V2 checkout page from my iphone. The site just froze.

I was able to also duplicate this on a new store that uses no custom code.

So, I was just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue or if this is a known bug?

Thanks!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Hopefully I can help out. Sent you an email just a bit ago.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Is this really not a problem for anyone else? I tested it on 1 iphone 7 and 3 iphone 6 devices. I know TheCartDesigner was also able to duplicate this on an ipad. If you have v2 and no problems with iphones I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Rob1 Did you open a ticket for this? I don't have an iphone, so unfortunately I cannot test.

Comment

elightbox We both have tickets in. Here is the specific scenario of the issue.

The V2 issue is the preset save pw option in safari. In your iphone/ipad settings
          • Tap on Safari.
          • Tap on Password & AutoFill under the General section.
          • Turn On the option for either Names and Passwords or Credit Cards, or both.
          • Redo the checkout process fresh, and it will freeze when trying to log in

Now this is obviously a very specific scenario, but I believe these settings are default on iphone/ipad so anyone trying as such will run into the issue unless they have the save Name/Passwords off.
          TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

elightbox Yes, but since 3dc believes there is no issue, as far as I know, it is not getting any attention. Obviously with iphone's market share it is a huge concern for us and I really want the v2 checkout but I can't with this problem.

Comment

Hey Rob1, I'm sorry that you're running into this issue. I did message you to see if there's some specific steps we may be missing as we have not been successful so far replicating this on our end unfortunately. However, I'd more than happy to test myself for you. I would need the information on what version of Safari you're using along with any other general technical details, such as which iPhone you've experienced the issue on.

Comment

3dcart-Victor I already provided the steps in the thread and both Rob1 and myself have provided steps in our tickets. It has been verified on iphone4, 5, 6, 6 Plus and all ipads I can find including any and all ipads at the apple store. So I can guarantee you that there should not be an issue in replicating the issue itself. Here is the process again so that you don't have to scroll up to the second post previous to yours.

Here is the specific scenario of the issue.

The V2 issue is the preset save pw option in safari. In your iphone/ipad settings
                • Tap on Safari.
                • Tap on Password & AutoFill under the General section.
                • Turn On the option for either Names and Passwords or Credit Cards, or both.
                • Redo the checkout process fresh, and it will freeze when trying to log in

Now this is obviously a very specific scenario, but I believe these settings are default on iphone/ipad so anyone trying as such will run into the issue unless they have the save Name/Passwords off.
                TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

3dcart-Victor Sorry I didn't receive any messages. The settings Shaun mentions above are the default settings, so unless someone changes them, they are not going to be able to login on v2 checkout. For me, once you enter your user/pass, the screen will freeze when you hit "log in" button. Can you try our sandbox store or http://www.thecartdesigner.com and let me know? I was able to duplicate this issue on our 2 stores and http://www.thecartdesigner.com with multiple iphones (6 and 7). Thanks!

Comment

thecartdesigner Thanks for those steps, they seem to work intermittently on our end, but after a few more tries we were able to see the described behavior. Rob1 as discussed in the email I sent you, we do have our developers checking into this so we can work on a stable fix and I'll be updating you as we get more information.

Comment

For Pete's sake, fix this ASAP.

Comment

Brtp4 Can you confirm if you're having this issue as well? Our developers are working on a fix for this as we speak, and I can make sure that your site is added to their internal ticket for testing and the first rollout of a fix.

Comment

3dcart-Victor not with the kind of accuracy you need. I have had people complaining about logging in, and one specifically that I spoke to about it. I will try to find his order # for you.

Comment

3dcart-Victor Issue is universal. I tested and confirmed on 44 different stores and still test ongoing on any 3dcart store I find. Affects all V2 modified or unmodified makes no difference
                            TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by thecartdesigner View Post
                              3dcart-Victor Issue is universal. I tested and confirmed on 44 different stores and still test ongoing on any 3dcart store I find. Affects all V2 modified or unmodified makes no difference
                              3dcart-Victor this seems like a fairly clear summary, is it sufficient to get techs looking at the problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X