Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP NEEDED from the Community and WARNING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP NEEDED from the Community and WARNING!

Hi Everyone,

Please read to the bottom, I need your help!

HUGE PROBLEM: I have a huge problem that became apparent 2 weeks ago. 3dcart support has failed to fix the problem.

PROBLEM: Some customers are able to apply Gift Certificates MULTIPLE TIMES - resulting in them receiving FREE PRODUCTS.

BACKGROUND: We sell coffee through our website and supermarkets. We create batches of Group Certificates for values ranging from $5.00 - $25.00. We print these on stickers that we put on the back of coffee bags (hidden until customer opens) in the hopes of gaining more on-line business. Two weeks ago a customer used the same $5.00 gift certificate twice to pay $0.00 to buy a $10 bag of coffee. 3dcart support was unable to replicate the issue and said they "would keep an eye on it." A Week later another customer applied a $5.00 Gift Certificate ELEVEN TIMES for $55.00 off! Once again I contacted support. They still haven't found or fixed the issue.

Yesterday, (11/27/16) it happened AGAIN!

I chatted with Doralis regarding the issue. She was unable to replicate the issue. I asked her if the customers were using common OS, devices, browsers, etc. She decided to try placing a Gift Certificate order using her cell-phone. Using her cell-phone she was able to apply a Group Certificate multiple times. This was on 11/19/16, and the problem persists!

The customer from yesterday was NOT using a mobile device. She was using a PC.

WHAT I NEED FROM THE COMMUNITY:

If you sell and accept gift certificates and have set up the method here https://support.3dcart.com/knowledge...-error-message please try the following:

1) Generate some Group Certificates for $5.00.

2) Use multiple devices/OS/browsers and try to apply a single Gift Certificate multiple times. See if you are able to purchase an item costing in excess of $5.00 and check out with paying nothing. Please report back.

THANK YOU!

PS - As with most of you, this is our busiest time of year. We notified the customers that used the GC multiple times that they had a balance due. They all have canceled their orders and have not placed another order. These were hard earned NEW customers to our web store.

Marty I don't know if this will help, did you make your GC non-stackable. This method works when creating a coupon in Promo Manager. In Promo Manager you can also allow only one use per customer (maybe you can customize to one use per order?) Again, we have never set up gift certificates, but we have set up many coupon in Promo Manager using the non stackable box.

-Deby

Comment

Marty , Sorry to hear that. If you can duplicate the issue, make a video screen capture using Jing, and send it to support.
      It is so frustrating when things like that happen and cannot be duplicated easily.

Comment

Originally posted by J'aime Paris View Post
        Marty I don't know if this will help, did you make your GC non-stackable. This method works when creating a coupon in Promo Manager. In Promo Manager you can also allow only one use per customer (maybe you can customize to one use per order?) Again, we have never set up gift certificates, but we have set up many coupon in Promo Manager using the non stackable box.

-Deby
        No, we did not make them non-stackable. Since these are gift certificates that spend like cash we wanted new customers to be able to use them with coupon codes. Gift Certificates are one use by default, since they are like a gift card they are a set cash value. The customer can use a portion of the GC and use the remainder later.

At this point we have a round 1,000 of these floating around (applied to coffee bags out of our control.)

Thank you for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
          Marty , Sorry to hear that. If you can duplicate the issue, make a video screen capture using Jing, and send it to support.
          It is so frustrating when things like that happen and cannot be duplicated easily.
          I have been unable to duplicate the issue. The customer that purchased yesterday has been kind enough to reply to my email. She said she was using Windows 7 Pro with FireFox (same as me.) She believes she applied the GC AND a coupon code that is supposed to be used on Amazon. I generated a new $5.00 GC for her. She tried to replicate the issue today, but it didn't work.

As I mentioned initially, Doralis from support was only able to replicate the issue using her mobile phone. It has been nearly 3 weeks since the original incident.

Thank you!

Comment

Hey Marty very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue on your store. I looked through some of your orders on the 27th and saw the one you referenced. I did a bit more digging and found that our developers are already working on resolving this issue and your ticket will be updated when the fix has been applied.

For anyone else having this issue, please feel free to PM me with your Ticket ID so that I can look into it for you. While the fix should be global, I'd like to always make sure the issue is followed up and resolved.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X