Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Pages Not Updating w/o Clearing Store Cache

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Product Pages Not Updating w/o Clearing Store Cache

    I've opened a ticket about it and support has been unable to replicate the issue. I thought it was a browser issue until I experienced the same problem on multiple machines.

    Basically, when I update a product -- price, availability, even description -- and hit save, the product page doesn't update until I clear the store's cache. Search results show the correct information, but product pages don't. I've tried updating the price on a page, then opening that page on a machine I know has never visited that page before... and the old information still uploads.

    I've disabled "Advanced Page Cache" since and that didn't help. I'm getting tired of clearing the cache multiple times a day. It hasn't been more than an annoyance, but the time is adding up.

    Any clues? Anyone else experience this or something similar?
    Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

  • #2
    Try opening DevTools (in Chrome) and press F1 to open the settings menu -> checkmark "Disable Cache (while DevTools is open)" setting.

    Now try navigating your site after making a change. This should bypass the browser cache (so long as you have Dev Tools open for that tab). See if you're still experiencing the issue. You can also try a "hard refresh" (which dumps the browser cache for the page) by pressing CTRL+F5 (other browsers might have a different shortcut combo).

    If your pages refresh and come back accurate for your change, then it's a browser thing (maybe some setting that's making it too aggressive with cache).

    Comment


    • #3
      I've experience this today as well. It's definitely not a browser issue. Not sure if its been happening for us until recently or not, but it would explain some issues we've seen. TMS Clint, how long has this been happening for you?

      Comment


      • #4
        Alupis I tried clearing the browser cache and doing hard refresh. I tried pulling up pages on my phone's browser (pages I had never visited before) after making a change as well. It is not updating.

        lukiegames It's been a week now. Tuesday afternoon it was working correctly again, but then the problem came back on Wednesday and hasn't been abated.
        Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

        Comment


        • #5
          I have had this same issue for months.....and have had many conversations with support to no avail. I have tried IE, Mozilla, and Chrome; I have enabled and (un)enabled Advanced Cache!!!
          It is more than an annoyance to me at this point. Very frustrating.

          -Deby

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm sorry to hear this is happening in your stores. I did some research to see if there's something in common that could be causing this on our end. I checked the servers but each of you are on different ones. I also tried to replicate this on test accounts with similar servers however still couldn't reproduce this. The only thing I see that would cause a similar issue are your internet service providers DNS not updating fast enough. If anyone is familiar with updating your dns and propagation certain changes sometime may not be seen right away to everyone. I would suggest testing this by making a change to your store and asking support or someone using a different network if they are able to see the change. I will also continue to look into this further for any other resolutions. Thanks for your feed back on this!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 3dcart-William View Post
              I'm sorry to hear this is happening in your stores. I did some research to see if there's something in common that could be causing this on our end. I checked the servers but each of you are on different ones. I also tried to replicate this on test accounts with similar servers however still couldn't reproduce this. The only thing I see that would cause a similar issue are your internet service providers DNS not updating fast enough. If anyone is familiar with updating your dns and propagation certain changes sometime may not be seen right away to everyone. I would suggest testing this by making a change to your store and asking support or someone using a different network if they are able to see the change. I will also continue to look into this further for any other resolutions. Thanks for your feed back on this!
              I'm not sure what DNS has to do with page content?

              Comment


              • #8
                Sounds crazy but what I've actually had to do was clear out the cache from google for the past 30 days and so far so good.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, this "bug" struck me today too. Had to go into Settings -> Store Settings -> Purge Cache to get an item to show as being in stock again after changing it's inventory level. Showed that way on multiple computers over here, so not a browser thing.

                  My hunch is, this is a side effect of an undocumented change to how caching works in version 7.4.1. 3dCart might be caching HTML content now, not just static content (hence why purging store cache fixes things). If so, I don't like that change...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We received more reports of this happening and the developers were able to find some caching issues. There was an update released this morning so everything should be fine now. Please test this again and if you're still experience this contact support. They have been made aware of this and will handle these cases appropriately. Thanks again for keeping us informed on these issues so we can resolve them soon as possible.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X