Problems with credit card processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with credit card processing

Is anybody having any issues with customers having problems with credit cards? I had one complaint, "I had to enter my CC info four times." Just now we had a similar complaint so we went in to 'Not Completed' orders and found their order. Opened the order to complete on our end and after entering the credit card and click check out, the screen went pale and returned back to the single checkout. Entered the credit card info again and it checked out fine.

You might want to check and see if a new payment option is "magically" appearing in your admin. Yesterday I received a notice (red exclamation point next to the bell icon for site activity) that I had not set up my account info with a payment processing company. It was suddenly turned on as a payment option. Thing is, I have never heard of them (they are in my state though) and I did not add them myself. I was rather miffed since I don't know if it would have messed up anything when a customer went to check out.

Comment

ohc The times I've seen something similar happen was when the gateway server was timing out. We can check the orders and transaction details to confirm. If possible open a ticket referencing those orders and our support team will investigate further for you

Comment

We are not having any issues with the same gateway as our other cart. So far it seems to be customers with accounts. I seem that when a customer logs in to their account at checkout, the shipping and total are blank. Then if you select credit card and click checkout it just refreshes the screen with no error. However, now there is a shipping option and total so it seems to go through the second time.

Comment

Yeah our technical support team will need to investigate that further, please add this information within the ticket so the agent will know. Thanks!

Comment

On a recent order, we added two items and removed the original two. Because the prices were the same, the order total did not change. However, when we processed the payment via the admin integration with Authorize.net, the gateway only captured the shipping charge and removed the new items from the cart. We almost lost a fairly large payment.

We submitted a ticket but wonder if anyone else has seen this.
            Luxlife

Comment

I have an incomplete order that says it processed, assigned an order number, no errors on checkout. My customer is one irate person right now and I did not receive the funds. I'm on the phone with support now.

Comment

Toobusy that can happen if your gateway is set up to reject transactions submitted with the wrong CVV2 code. If your customer inputs the wrong CVV2 or expiration date then an order number will still be assigned, but it will not be paid for. You should be able find that transaction attempt in your gateway and push it through - depending on your provider.
                - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

No assistance from paypal except it didn't collect the funds and there's no error message on the transaction.

Comment

Working...
                  X