Low Inventory Warning - Multiple Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Inventory Warning - Multiple Items

Anyone know how to change the low inventory warning to show all items for an order that had low inventory warnings instead of just one? Currently our customers may order 50 items or more on one order. If 10 of those items are low stock we get 10 emails. It would be nice to get 1 email with all the items listed. I have this on a different shopping cart but I don't think the language would transfer over to 3dcart.

Here is what my securenet language looks like:

================================================== =======
    Low Inventory Warning [ORDER_DATE]
    ================================================== =======

Inventory for the following items is equal to or less
    than the warning level you designated.
    [LIST_PRODUCTS]

Sincerely,

Rod Connors
    www.Bead3.com
    Rod
    www.Bead3.com

Hey Rod - are you looking to get this in real time? Like someone places an order and a few minutes later you get an email listing products with low inventory?

Or, is this something you want to get daily so you can have a general idea of what products you're running out of?

Or something else?
    Last edited by DeanP; 02-10-2017, 09:57 AM.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Yes, real time. We currently get 1 email for every item that is ordered that is low. We would prefer to get 1 email for all the low stock items on each order.
      Rod
      www.Bead3.com

Comment

Why do you prefer that? Is it just to reduce email clutter, or does having order-cumulative low stock knowledge in real time necessary for something? I ask this so I can understand exactly what you're doing because what you want may be possible outside of the 3dcart sortware, not natively.

Comment

When we have someone fill the order we can give them 1 piece of paper with all low stock items to verify as they are filling the order. It is just easier, less waste, etc. than giving them 10 emails with 1 item on each page.
          Rod
          www.Bead3.com

Comment

Your way of saying: While you're out there pulling the order, go ahead and verify that these items are actually out of stock... Right?

You may be able to do this with Zapier's email parser: https://parser.zapier.com/

You could set it up to examine only the low inventory warning emails and extract the product code in each one. Then you could have that data inserted into a Google sheet as new rows: https://zapier.com/app/editor/template/977

I haven't tried any of this but it seems legit.

Comment

Working...
            X