OK - need help on checkout issue happening now on our website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK - need help on checkout issue happening now on our website

Just had 2 customers call me within 10 mins stating when they try to checkout and they click on the submit order button they get an error popup stating verification code is incorrect? This makes no sense as there is no code needed to checkout.

I tested it with 3 different credit cards and what I discovered is I can checkout but there is a type of popup that is trying to come up - I'll attach the .jpg showing the faint area that is the popup that is most likely showing for these folks. You can tell from the attached .jpg that all the wording should show and not covered by a popup.

this popup is happening just after the submit order button is clicked and just prior to going to the thank you page. For some folks they are stopped by this popup stating verification code is needed and there order does not go through.

I know about 6 months ago we had similar issues with the Facebook Button that folks could share their purchase and no longer are using it. So thinking perhaps with the latest 3dcart update something was tweaked in their coding to now a cause a similar issue. All I know is when someone checks out - it goes to the order verification thank you page. There should not be any type of popup trying to comeup after you click submit.

Any help from anyone would be great as our orders have dropped off somewhat from the last update and now concerned I know why - folks simply give up and don't call us.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ebeegirl; 02-20-2017, 01:55 PM.

ebeegirl The last file date I show for updated files is 1/9/2017. Have you noticed since then or more previous than the last file update? Have you opened a ticket yet?
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

yes I opened a support case today - have not noticed as we don't use checkout from our website as customer do as it's not something we do unless folks mention something.

Comment

can't check on anything right now since website is crashed and burned - love it that it happens during prime time on a Monday - why would they update mail servers on a Monday? sort of like rolling out a big update 3 weeks prior to xmas and not testing it

Comment

My store, admin, everything is down right now also

Comment

toobusy - yes many stores are down - I'm also having an issue on our checkout page not related to being down - our site also just came back up

Comment

Mine was up for about half an hour but it's down again. I'm watching my checkout errors because I have a boatload of incomplete orders in the checkout stage and there may be an issue I'm unaware of. Thanks for your post so I can watch :-)

Comment

too busy - buy something on your site and use a credit card - read my 1st post and take a look at the .jpg I sent in the first post on this thread. See if you also notice when you try to place an order and after you click the submit button on your site do you see a type of background popup prior to then getting to the thank you confirmation page on your website? My best guess is this is being caused by facebook connect module since this same issue happened to us about 6 months ago and we removed the facebook share button from our checkout page. So not sure why it would resurface since we do not use it currently?

Comment

Oh ok, I removed facebook also because it seemed I was having issues, but I have 17 incomplete orders in Feb. alone and some had gone to step 4 checkout and showed checkout with credit card but there was no payment, even checked with the card processor, no payment captured, so I deleted some after I send follow up emails. But no facebook for my site but I will place a test order to see what's going on

Comment

thanks - let me know - click submit and then look for a faint area that will cover some of your background area on your checkout page - it's like the page hiccups then goes to the thank you page. I had to take a quick .jpg of the issue just so I could show support. Do you still have facebook login option to checkout on your page - I may take this off our page later tonight and see if that helps?

Comment

I just tested using pay by check and same thing happens so you can also test it using paying by check or money order.

Comment

I took the login via facebook off as well. I just dumped facebook altogether, even pulled my business page from facebook. It was not generating the type of business I was looking for, locks my phone and PC up when I'd try to answer a message on FB and I was just over FB so I removed it from my site and then deleted my FB account. Took about 4 weeks before it was finally gone from FB

Comment

Facebook works for us with keeping folks up to date with whats happening inside and outside the hives. Just removed Facebook connect coding from checkout page, account page and login page. Still have the popup happening during checkout. it must not be connected to Facebook connect this time but what else would cause a quick popup after someone clicks "submit" order button and prior to going to thank you page? Why would some customers then get an error message with this popup asking them for verification code? Quite strange and my brain is tired:)

Comment

Working...
                          X