Frame Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Template

For all you wonderful code gurus out there....

I'd like to make my Sort by Manufacturer a list style (vs. drop down) like the Product menu on the left bar. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to change in the code? I've been trying a variety of things with no luck today.

Also...I copied the code for the Sort by Manufacturer and would like to use this copy as a Sort By Distributor (would like to use the Distributor input as another Product sort...by Style/Jewelry Collection). However, I'm not sure if the distributor is set up like the manufacturer in terms of having the capability to sort, and whether it has an ID code or if I need to change additional templates other than the frame - can anyone help?

Not sure about the first question, but I recall reading that currently 3DC doesn't allow you to work with the Distributor field on the front end since they assumed this would not be exposed to customers as you would not normally want them to know who the distributor is. In your case I see how this would be beneficial.

Comment

Will let you know what support says.
      We're our own distributor - so do not really have a need for Sort by Manufacturer - but definitely need other types of "sort by" options. Ideally it would be nice to utilize the Distributor option as well. All in all, I'm looking to have four sorts: Products, Price, Manufacturer (which would be a sort for Jewelry Collection/Lines), and an additional sort by "Jewelry Type". I'm hoping that I can utilize the Distributor section (don't really care if the words on the product detail page change - just that I can sort from the information.

Since we have a "hide by manufacturer" on the general settings, they could really set the Distributor to work in that manner too.

Thanks again Mueller for your thoughts - you've been very helpful (in other posts too)!

Comment

I did track down that post regarding the distributor field, and you cannot use it. The good news is Gonzalo gave a solution that may work perfectly for you in this thread. Hope it works.

Comment

Originally posted by mueller View Post
          I did track down that post regarding the distributor field, and you cannot use it. The good news is Gonzalo gave a solution that may work perfectly for you in this thread. Hope it works.
          Thanks for looking that up...but I'm still hoping there's a way to utilize this feature I'm not using. Doing it with the solution Gonzola gave involves me manually inputting a variety of keywords for ALL my products (as all of them will fall into a particular type, color, or collection sort). So although it's another get around and would probably work...it's way too labor intensive and probably not worth my effort - especially considering the alternative, which is clicking from a drop down list ;).

Comment

Carlin in Support was able to change my drop down to a list style for browse by manufacturer - so will probably utilize that for my Collections - as for utilizing the distributor - here's the answer...

"There's no block for distributor, only manufacturer"

Maybe I'm one of the few that would like to see additional options and flexibility on the "browse by" - display, style, and additional sort options - but it would be nice for a future update.

Anyways - Thank you once again Mueller for taking the time to look through past posts and sharing another alternative ~ it helps! I'm thinking that the alternative from Gonzo, might not be so bad if I add the keyword through the import area (I think there's a column in there for them).

Comment

Working...
            X