Anyone elses front end and backend and website slow today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone elses front end and backend and website slow today

Everything will work fine and then bam - it will take a minute plus after you click on anything for the admin panel to respond and then our website will be very slow - then bam everything fine again for a few minutes and then not so fine again. Been going on for at least a hour if not longer. Just called support and got voicemail - miss the days when you could call in and speak to someone. Makes me a bit nervous that you'll call in listen to the music and then be transferred to leaving a message???

I suspect it has something to do with the update they applied today to most of the stores. Check if you are on 7.5?

Comment

yes I just got off the phone with them and they suspect it's due to the update being rolled out - we are not slow - we are down!!!! Guess a thousand or two in our sales is not a big issue for them! Why would they roll it out in the am on a Wed. - almost like when they rolled out their big release just prior to xmas. Why not roll it on a Friday am if you want a weekday! Everytime they do a release it also messes up our custom design that they did - won't know yet what I need to fix until I can use our admin or for that matter our website!!! Some of us have online stores as our full time business and no retail store so we do not appreciate being down during normal business hours.
      Last edited by ebeegirl; 03-15-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I think you can request to be put on a list that does not get updates automatically. In the past I was on this list because they thought I had some custom coding, which I did not. So I would have to call and ask to be updated manually.

You might look into it, especially if your design does not work well with new features.

The biggest thing I am happy about in this release is the review sorting! thats a huge feature that has been missing.

Comment

Yes, We are extremely slow.

Comment

Yes. We were just upgraded to the new version 7.5 this morning and it started out as slow and now we are completely down front end and admin.

Comment

same here ... 7.5 upgraded ..almost not responsive at all

Comment

Same here. Our site and admin are pretty much unusable. We can't even process the orders we have, let alone the ones that we are missing out on. So in addition to missing new orders due to the horrendous site performance, we get the bonus task of explaining to our customers why the orders they placed this morning didn't go out.

This is an absolutely mind-numbingly bad decision to roll this out during business hours on one of the busiest days of the week. These updates should be done overnight and preferably on the weekend.

Comment

I have never understood the timing of rolling out updates either. Couldn't this be done at 2am so you could get all the kinks worked out before business gets rolling in the morning. Store owners don't appreciate having someone put a big CLOSED sign up in front of their store mid-morning.

Comment

so does the uptime SLA count or do ALL 3dcart customers get $ back because of this? like not just a day refund but something painful back to 3dcart to learn their lesson. Some serious $back because I am losing THOUSANDS of dollars today.

PS...please fire somebody who decided to roll this out
                    PPS...chat nobody responds, phone call or email
                    PPPS...we are supposedly on our own server and this is still mindnumbingly SLOW going on 5 hours

Comment

YES!!! Trying to get a hold of support and cant. Getting ticked off over here.

Comment

Originally posted by ebeegirl View Post
                        yes I just got off the phone with them and they suspect it's due to the update being rolled out - we are not slow - we are down!!!! Guess a thousand or two in our sales is not a big issue for them! Why would they roll it out in the am on a Wed. - almost like when they rolled out their big release just prior to xmas. Why not roll it on a Friday am if you want a weekday! Everytime they do a release it also messes up our custom design that they did - won't know yet what I need to fix until I can use our admin or for that matter our website!!! Some of us have online stores as our full time business and no retail store so we do not appreciate being down during normal business hours.
                        I couldn't agree more. It's tough enough to make a full-time living at this without our hosting provider doing something to kill our sales. I understand that this was not deliberate and that they were probably expecting a smooth rollout, but that makes no difference on the bottom line.

Comment

from chat..." Server Admins are currently aware of and are working to resolve the issue. We have an ETA of 30mins to an hour. "

isn't it fun to click save and then go and get a coffee, then come back and it still is "thinking" about processing the order, updating the inventory, calculating shipping. I told the chat person to have somebody in mgmt call (Jimmy, etc)...let's see if they do after this fiasco is over.

Comment

this happens it seems with every roll out? I would like to know who plans these things? Like hey we have a new roll out let's do it mid week beginning of the morning so in case there are issues - our customers websites will be down - great and brilliant plan - happens every single roll out! Friday pm would be better - overnight would be the best! Like a Friday night at 11pm would even work - why on earth are they so consistent at this? We're still down 3 hours now

Comment

Originally posted by doberer View Post
                              from chat..." Server Admins are currently aware of and are working to resolve the issue. We have an ETA of 30mins to an hour. "
                              I received this same message two hours ago, so don't get too excited.

Comment

Working...
                              X