Advanced import fails after 7.5 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced import fails after 7.5 upgrade

I submitted this to 3dcart today but they seem to be fairly unavailable. Anyone else experiencing this or have suggestions?

My daily advanced options import is an important part of my business. I need to be able to do this so that I don't anger my customers. When doing my daily advanced options import, I got an error due to the changes you've made with 7.5.

"Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
    Type mismatch: 'ao_height'
    /admin2/import_prod.asp, line 1502"

After adding this field to the import file I've been using for a year or two, I got this error.

"Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
    Type mismatch: 'ao_depth'
    /admin2/import_prod.asp, line 1504"

After adding all of your new fields, I tried to import and the import window perpetually states that the import is in progress but the progress bar never appears and the import does not seem to work.

Previously, I was able to import with only these fields. In this regard, has something been intentionally changed or will it be fixed?

ProductId
    ProductName
    AO_Code
    AO_Sufix
    AO_Name
    AO_Cost
    AO_Stock
    AO_Weight
    GTIN

I don't think this has anything to do with 7.5.0. This has been randomly happening to for the past year or so using Excel 2016. The only way I got this to work was saving it as CSV in an older version of excel. Are you using Excel 2016? This version one sucks....

I wanna say 3dCart told me to try saving it as CSV MS-DOS, but this did not work for me.

Comment

I use excel 2016. I have an macro that saves this file daily in the same exact way and it's worked well for the last year and a half but thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try

Comment

JoeBTI - Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the dos format and that made no difference. I'll wait on my ticket. Hopefully it won't be too long

Comment

They have added new feilds for advanced options....

You can now have different price levels for each option, and you can set dimensions for each options. (If you use dimensions then the system will do a better job on shipping quotes because it will know box dimensions).

You should do an export of advanced options to see all the new feilds and then adjust your Excel file accordingly.

-David

Comment

Thanks David. I'd done that before but I made another attempt after I saw your post here. I figured out that they changed something so that all fields are now required for import and even if it's just a zero, you must have a number in every one of the new fields.

Comment

Working...
            X