Product Link in New Order Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Link in New Order Emails

Does anyone know how to show a link for the products in the new order emails that go out to the customer. I know I need a variable to make the link but I can not find it no where.

These are the variables that show up in the order email to get the ID and the name of the product:

[itemid] [itemname]

and this is for the store url:
    [store_url]

Jut cant find the product one.

Thanks

Try [itemlink] all by itself, like:

Code:
    Click <a href="[itemlink]" target="_blank">here</a> to view this product in our store.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Brian9432 DeanP To my knowledge all links out of emails should hold the [store_url] at the beginning of any link in the emails. But I am thinking that you should be directing to a product with the [catalogid] which is allowed in most emails.

So you could try this [store_url]/product.asp?itemid=[catalogid] as your link path

e.g.: <a href="[store_url]/product.asp?itemid=[catalogid]">Click to view this product</a>
      TheCartDesigner.com
      Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
      100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

You can combine elements like that and it will work fine, but [itemlink] will do it all for you. That may be a old method vs. new method thing in which a new method was adopted but the old still works. Maybe a staff member could comment on that.

You can see [itemlink] utilized to link back to products in the Reminder Customer email template. Then again, maybe [itemlink] only works in that template, or only in Customer templates but not Product templates, or something else entirely... I just don't know for sure. I'd say try both and go with the less verbose [itemlink] solution if it works in your template.

Comment

Thank you both. I tried both methods and it seems the [itemlink] did not work in my template. The one that worked in my template was [catalogid]. I appreciate it makes sense now.

Comment

I guess the variables in emails aren't universal. Good to know.

Comment

Working...
            X