X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kelly
    replied
    Originally posted by kelly View Post
    My customers have been having a terrible time - in fact I have lost two long term customers over their frustrations.

I can't even seen to change their password for them inside customer information or login to their account in get Incorrect Verification Word

I deactivated the captcha module - but still seem to be having issues.
    OK I removed captcha module, clear site cache, and browser cache and was able to change the customer password for them.

Why is the reset function not working as well? Is that a Captcha issue as well?

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied
    My customers have been having a terrible time - in fact I have lost two long term customers over their frustrations.

I can't even seen to change their password for them inside customer information or login to their account in get Incorrect Verification Word

I deactivated the captcha module - but still seem to be having issues.
    Last edited by kelly; 07-17-2017, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ohc
    replied
    Originally posted by Birdsafe View Post
    I've tried that several items and it never works -- tried to change it on my test account and can't log in with what I just typed.
    I would open a ticket then. I am on 7.6.0 and changed the password of a test account and it worked.

Leave a comment:

• Birdsafe
    replied
    ohc -- I've tried that several items and it never works -- tried to change it on my test account and can't log in with what I just typed.

DeanP -- thanks -- I don't think I've ever customized that page -- the Captcha seems to work fine for most of the time but for some reason at times you get this backup crazy images thing.

Leave a comment:

• bzeltzer
    replied
    Just thought I'd put this out there. If you have the I'm not a robot captcha, I'd suggest changing system message 55 to something like "If you're seeing it, please check the box next to I'm not a robot. Otherwise, please correctly type the verification word."

Leave a comment:

• DeanP
    replied
    Birdsafe Joe have you customized any of the pages that the captcha would appear on? Like login-account.html, registration_0.html, and others? If so then you may need to use the updated template. If not, then definitely let support know.

We should see version 8.0 rolling out soon; I'm told it will fix a lot of these new template / old template issues.

Leave a comment:

• ohc
    replied
    There should be a way for Admins to set a customers password from the backend.
    There is. Under their account, there are asterisks underneath the Password field. Just click on the asterisks and enter a new password.

Leave a comment:

• Birdsafe
    replied
    But if you use features like Customer Rewards and Autoship you have to require a password.

Leave a comment:

• damiencaz
    replied
    There has got to be a better way to help customers create accounts and/or resetting their passwords. I have moved from allowing anonymous checkout to requiring accounts and it has created numerous headaches with customers unable to reset their passwords. There should be a way for Admins to set a customers password from the backend.
    We have always allowed for customers to be able to checkout without creating an account. You never want to slow a customer down from checking out - that should help you. You can always create an account for them after.

Leave a comment:

• Birdsafe
    replied
    There has got to be a better way to help customers create accounts and/or resetting their passwords. I have moved from allowing anonymous checkout to requiring accounts and it has created numerous headaches with customers unable to reset their passwords. There should be a way for Admins to set a customers password from the backend.

Leave a comment:

• damiencaz
    replied
    That is strange and sorry to hear that. We haven't had one issue since this has been installed. All major companies use this same format and they should be familiar with it.

Leave a comment:

• Birdsafe
    replied
    I thought finally getting the "I am not a Robot" for captcha would be a good thing. But now I'm responding to customers who for some reason get caught up in the secondary part of that system where they are forced to select cars or street car images screen after screen -- it's very frustrating. Or after that they try to log in and they get "wrong verification word" as an error message with no means to correct it but to wait.

Leave a comment:

• damiencaz
    replied
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU! The rollout of the new Captcha is perfect! Thank you again!

Leave a comment:

• damiencaz
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeBTI View Post
    Why don't you disable the recaptcha module and use the default 3dCart? (Its much cleaner) We had the same issue awhile ago and as soon as I disabled the recaptcha module we had zero complaints/issues. I do see they have a "Invisible Captcha Implementation" on their product roadmap page.
    We would have no problem using either, just the least amount of issues. I am glad they have this in the works.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBTI
    replied
    Why don't you disable the recaptcha module and use the default 3dCart? (Its much cleaner) We had the same issue awhile ago and as soon as I disabled the recaptcha module we had zero complaints/issues. I do see they have a "Invisible Captcha Implementation" on their product roadmap page.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X