Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody
    replied
    We do something similar, Scott! We also include a checkout question where customers acknowledge that their order will not be processed until whatever date.

Leave a comment:

• Scott McKirahan
    replied
    Perhaps I don't understand the purpose of closing your store for a week. If it is just to take a week off, I don't like the notion of stopping all orders.

While GonzoloGil's suggestion of simply disabling checkout would work, I don't think I would ever do that for just one week. Instead, I would run a banner at the top of all pages indicating that the company is on its annual "one week vacation" and that any orders placed would be fulfilled the following week. You could easily add a banner across the top in the frame.html template file. It also wouldn't hurt to modify the Thank You email to reflect that.

We do this all the time. Why lose sales if someone doesn't mind waiting a week (or less) for it to ship?

Leave a comment:

• peterz
    replied
    Thanks for the info!
    Peter

Leave a comment:

• GonzaloGil
    replied
    You have 2 ways of closing the store:

1) Closing the entire store. If you do this, no matter what page a visitor or spider goes to, they get a message of your choosing, ie. "STORE IS CLOSED", this would be bad for rankings as the search engines will also see that.

2) Closing the checkout. This is what you want to do if you want to temporarily close the store. Everything works normally except that customers can't check out. So, search engines will continue to see the site up and running and it won't affect your rankings,

Leave a comment:

• peterz
    started a topic Close store

Close store

Hi
    If I close my store for a week will it effect my current rankings?
    Peter
Working...
X