One Category In Multiple Customer Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Category In Multiple Customer Group

We are trying to use the Customer Groups as a way to just control which categories that certain customers can purchase from.

The problem is that when editing the Category settings, you can only assign one Customer Group to each Category.

For example,
    Johns Customer Group can only purchase items from Category A
    and Jims Customer Group can only purchase items from Category A and B.

so when you go to edit the Category A settings, you can only set it to Johns Group or Jims Group... not both.

I guess a work around would be to have multiple copies of each category maybe? So there would be two Category A's, one for Johns Group, and one for Jims Group, but that's not practical.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bump... and does anyone know why the Chat in the bottom right corner has disappeared for the past 2 days?

Comment

You can not use multipe groups as far as I know.

They changed the chat program with the new update. I think you have to submit support tickets the old way now.

Comment

Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post
        You can not use multipe groups as far as I know.

They changed the chat program with the new update. I think you have to submit support tickets the old way now.
        Thanks for your response.

Do you know of anyways that we would be able to achieve what we are trying to do?

Comment

Unfortunately, I have never used groups for anything, There's almost always a workaround, though. Have you considered adding these people to a third group - The "Jim-John" group? Not sure if that is possible, since you likely have different discounts for each group. Kind of tough to answer without knowing exactly what the differences are between these groups and if their pricing levels are the same or not.

Comment

Working...
          X