Awesome customer service!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome customer service!

I made a huge blunder at midnight last night--I had previously added a line of text to our global heading, warning customers of an upcoming price increase. At midnight, the increase went into effect and I deleted the line of text. What I didn't realize, is that it completely screwed up my header with all of my category links.

By 10:00 SUNDAY morning, Jimmy had it fixed! I am amazed at the level of service! That is so far above and beyond!

Now a question--I made a copy of the code and saved it as a master in my text file. I thought, if I screw it up again I'll at least have the code to restore it. Then, against Jimmy's warning, I attempted to remove the unneded text again--not the line, just the words. Well, of course I screwed it up again! I pasted the saved code back in, and it doesn't work! I'm too embarrassed to ask for help on a Sunday morning again, so I'll wait until Monday to take my lumps! :( Is it possible to cut and paste the code like that in any way? I thought it would ba a safe backup plan but it certainly didn't work! I feel like such an idiot!

Great to hear how 3Dcart was able to respond in such a timely manner (kudos to Jimmy)!

As far as your blunder - I'm sure most - if not all of us have been in a similar situation where we've changed some snippet of code only to find out that it messed everything up.

I've certainly been there, done that. I feel like I know enough to get a few things done, but also enough to be dangerous (and mess things up) at times. :)

Comment

Update--Carlin in design fixed it for me first thing Monday morning. Again, it is so comforting to know that there are people behind us to come to our aid so quickly! NEVER had that with my prior company!

Comment

In the future just go ahead and backup the entire file before making changes. Then if you make a change and it does not work out you can just revert back to the copy before the change. You should be able to technically back up a sectoin as plain text and drop it in, but there is room for error here. Better off just saving the whole thing since it is not a huge file and you could save it locally if you don't want to keep it on the server.

Comment

Actually, I did that, and it didn't work. That was my problem! I saved the code, all of it, in a notepad file that I have all code in (separate file for each page). When I went to copy and paste it back in, the links were still broken. I'm not sure if it had to do with the WYSIWYG or something? How do others save their code?

Comment

I don't use the WYSIWYG editor, but in the future I am fairly certain that you would want to copy the content into your text file from the code view and when putting it back you would also want to do this in the code view.

Comment

Working...
            X