Seeking link to add multiple items to a cart simultaneously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking link to add multiple items to a cart simultaneously

So I'm running some email marketing campaigns and need to provide customers the ability to buy a bundle of products with a single "click here to buy this package" link. I've gone into the products page and found the "buy now" button hyperlink, which can be stripped out and used as a standalone hyperlink to add that single product to a new cart. But I can't figure out how to edit or manipulate the link to add multiple products at once.

For example, one product link is http://store.metageek.com/add_cart.a...=1&item_id=124. When clicked, the link creates a cart with one product, one quantity.

I've attempted to modify the link by adding multiple item_ids at the end in a million different combinations and can't find one that works. Is there any way to do this easily?

I had some customization done by 3dCart on one of my stores that is somewhat similar and might be solution. They created a new listing.html page where the add to cart button adds the related product. So its basically a dummy product that's there to add the real product to the shopping cart. I assume they (or you) can set this up where it will add multiple related products to the shopping cart.

Comment

Thank you! I'll look into it and report back.

Comment

With 7.6 there is the ability to "share" a saved cart.

So create an account on your site.

Add all the items to the cart.

Save the cart.

Share the cart to yourself.

Copy the link in the email the system sends you.

Share link.

Comment

brich I believe what you need is part of the Quick Order Pad add-on:

http://apps.3dcart.com/quick-order-pad.html

Until you purchase that, you'll be locked out of that functionality.

You can work around this though by creating a bundle. See this support article. You can keep your bundle private by removing it from categories and marking it as non-searchable. That will keep it from popping up in your store.
          - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post
            With 7.6 there is the ability to "share" a saved cart.

So create an account on your site.

Add all the items to the cart.

Save the cart.

Share the cart to yourself.

Copy the link in the email the system sends you.

Share link.
            This sounds perfect - but I can't find the "share" function. I saved the cart and when I visit account details it's there as a saved cart, but there's no share option I can see. We have 7.6 installed.

Comment

You might have modified your account page, and so the new code did not update.

Take a look at my site if you want to see it implemented.

www.nmteaco.com

(You would have to create an account obvisouly... But you can use fake info)

Or take a look at the default templates on the ftp.

Comment

Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post
                You might have modified your account page, and so the new code did not update.

Take a look at my site if you want to see it implemented.

www.nmteaco.com

(You would have to create an account obvisouly... But you can use fake info)

Or take a look at the default templates on the ftp.
                Thanks! Does the saved cart expire and invalidate the link at any point?

Comment

That I don't know... I think since they email the link the expectation is that it would stick around for a bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X