Issue this morning with website - others will want to check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue this morning with website - others will want to check

OK - we are experiencing issues with the time it takes to pull up shipping options. (ie usps, ups etc.) Once you add something to our shopping cart and then enter a zip code to calculate shipping it takes a minute plus to pull up rates - also USPS rates are not showing. Now this typically only takes a sec or two to pull up. Waiting on hold right now with 3dcart tech support - not something we need on a Monday morning as we're buried in packages and trying to get them out the door.

This causes to call us which is slowing up everything! :mad:

typed too soon - website also getting slow - can I say not again!

Comment

Same with my website. Not all my shipping options are showing and its running very very slow. =(

Comment

ebeegirl I just submitted a ticket as well.

Comment

thanks - I was told no other issues like this this am - I told them it's probably happening way more than they are aware since most website owners don't use their website as a customer would and we would never see that shipping quotes are not displaying correctly or that the calculations are taking FOREVER to appear.

Comment

Try turning off your usps rates and then see if your pages load quicker - once we turn back on usps rates it slows to a crawl and timeout errors. At the moment we have usps rates turned off which will cost us some business, but better than costing us all the business so far this morning.

Comment

What I do is use a popup window that explains to folks on the Cart page what is going on, that they can check out using Fedex for now and we will recalculate for USPS when they are back up -- I have a similar popup for Fedex when their servers are down as well.

You can also sign up for notifications on http://www.shippingapimonitor.com/index.html so you get emails when any of the servers are down

Joe Arbogast
              http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

thanks - right now the app states everything is working when I can state with 100% confidence usps is not?

Comment

I found the same issue. My website wasn't generally slow but shipping calculations took too long and didn't return any USPS results. I turned off the USPS shipping method for now

Comment

figured it out - it must be the solar eclipse:)!!!

Comment

seems like usps is broken all over the U.S. http://downdetector.com/status/usps

Comment

This makes me want to do more test orders. My site is not loading shipping options either.

Comment

6:41pm EDT and usps is working again

Comment

Working...
                          X