No announcement yet.

Is anyone using the Version 8 upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone using the Version 8 upgrade?

According to the announcement, Version 8 started rolling more than 3 weeks ago. Unless we have missed it, not a single merchant has posted any comments or feedback. We have yet to receive the upgrade.
    Luxlife

Both of my stores haven't been upgraded. I'm guessing that they're ironing out bugs.

Comment

Nothing here either.

Comment

Not upgraded yet but would love to know if its coming soon.
        Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

Our site was just upgraded in the last 12 hours or so ... making sure everything can be found! :-)
          Joe Arbogast
          http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

one of my sites was just upgraded. I'd be interested to hear if anyone's noticing bugs or settings that have to be changed

Comment

Nothing obvious found yet. Though the new Custom Rewards feature dosen't seem to be working. When I check the box to Enable it, it doesn't stay checked when I save the page. and I get an error when I try to insert the Widget into the Global Footer -- perhaps because it won't enable.
              Joe Arbogast
              http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

I logged a call recently to ask when my store would be upgraded (so I got some sort of notice) - but got fobbed off. I would love to see how the new pre-order module works.
                Sue
                Fabric Garden
                fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Nothing yet and they're bad at giving any time frames. My sand box has it install though, but I don't notice any bootstrap themes like they indicated. Did anyone find that?

Comment

I think one of our carts was upgraded...not sure* because that site is down as I type this.

However a few days ago I noticed that all of our email templates (New Order - Customer, Shipped - Customer, Register - Customer, etc. etc. etc.) -- every single one of them -- was reverted back to the original stock 3DCart email template.

It stripped our subject lines, any custom coding (including the content of the email), Display Names -- all of it -- and reverted it back to "original"...like when you first sign up for a cart and it has whatever wording 3DCart puts in there.

One of the most annoying things I've encountered in quite a while.

Edit: Site is back up, and I can now confirm that it is on Version 8. That said, I have not played around with any new features...spent most of my time re-entering email templates that it erased when we were switched. For what it's worth, they said that they have implemented a fix for the email thing, so I hope no one else has the same issue when their site is switched over.

-James
                    Last edited by JR123; 08-29-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Looks like I was upgraded today, checking things over now

Comment

Mine was upgraded today and having problems with 2 things. 1. 3dcart admin dont like firefox when adding pics. I had to figure out what was going on, even though it was showing up in the FTP. I used chrome and it woked just fine. 2nd.....using the sitemap with bing, getting a XML error. Per in the admin. says to use sitemap.xml, but support says to use sitemap.asp.

Comment

Originally posted by Choice Checks View Post
                          ...the admin says to use sitemap.xml, but support says to use sitemap.asp.
                          I just tested this in Webmaster Tools / Search Console - you can use either; they both work.
                          - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Thanks DeanP. I appreciate it. Im still getting an Error, and a ticket has been opened. Waiting on a response. Just making sure im doing everything right Thanks.

Comment

Oops! Sorry about that - I glazed over the Bing part. I tested in in Google. Waiting for support to respond is the right move.
                              - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Working...
                              X