17,000 GTIN for 1700 products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17,000 GTIN for 1700 products

My manufacturer has 1700 products. However, each color has a different sku. Is there a way to add these quickly? Do you know of a programmer who could do this?

You can import products with a .csv formatted for 3dcart.
    Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

Thanks TMS. I wasn't very clear. I was asking how to import GTINs and MPNs to the advanced options. I figured out that it can't be done. So, am entering them manually.

Comment

Yes Davef, you can do that, but the process is fickle and necessarily complicated.

The 7 columns in this article may still work. If so, you may want to try just adding in GTIN at the end, for a total of 8 columns. If that doesn't work then you will need to use the real table for Advanced Options, which consists of the following 22 columns:

productid
        AO_Code
        AO_Sufix
        AO_Name
        AO_Cost
        AO_Stock
        AO_Weight
        AO_Price
        GTIN
        AO_Self_Ship
        AO_Height
        AO_Width
        AO_Depth
        AO_price_2
        AO_price_3
        AO_price_4
        AO_price_5
        AO_price_6
        AO_price_7
        AO_price_8
        AO_price_9
        AO_price_10

You should know that in the latter case, you need to use all 22 columns just to change 1 value. For example, you can't include just the code and weight if you want to change just the weight - you need all the columns and you need them all filled in.

Actually, the last time I did this I noticed that AO_Name wasn't necessary.

In any case, I suggest doing this with test products first. If the results are satisfactory then you can convert those test products to real products.
        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Thanks Dean. Glad to have that confirmed. You saved me a lot of time.

Comment

Working...
          X