Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot check out - getting non-responsive script errors. HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot check out - getting non-responsive script errors. HELP!!

Since late yesterday, my site has been getting errors saying that a script is not responding. Script is https://www.bestcpapprice.com/protot...?vcart=7.6.0:1. This happens on every browser, including mobile. Have submitted a ticket with 3dCart but they are not responding. Is anyone else having these problems? This has put my business at a standstill!

Yes, we are seeing the same script error.

Comment

kbs, did you also submit a support ticket?

Comment

Yes, and I commented out that script for now to keep things flowing. I am not sure what that script does but it has not affected us so far having it turned off.

Comment

I also commented out the script from the listing and the checkout html files but it seems like when customers click submit on the checkout page it hangs. Are there other template files that we need to comment that script out?

Comment

brian.bills

1. Make sure that you cleared your browser cache, store cache, refreshed and removed remnants of any other test order before trying to place another order to test
            1. Are you on standard HTML (common) or HTML5(common-html5)?
            2. Are you using Single Page Checkout or Multi Page?

HTML5 MultiPage with prototype

checkout-step1, checkout-step3(under elayawaygatewayscripts)

HTML5 Standard Single Page with prototype

checkout-singlepage(under elayawaygatewayscripts)

HTML5 V2 Single Page

NO PROTOTYPE SCRIPTS
            Last edited by thecartdesigner; 09-07-2017, 03:33 PM.
            TheCartDesigner.com
            Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
            100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

thecartdesigner I am on standard and using single page! Oh and I should mention by commenting out this line <script src="prototype.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script> apparently it removes the credit card payment part of the checkout form. I just saw that we have people trying to use PayPal and that's where it hangs all others can't even enter a credit card. Doh!
              If you leave the script code then the page hangs on load and eventually times out.
              Last edited by brian.bills; 09-07-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

brian.bills Hmm, very odd because there is no general <script src="prototype.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script> in the unmodified common non-html5 single page checkout. this is the only block it will be in regards to the checkout you say you are on and it shouldn't be triggered unless using elayaway Can you PM me your store url?:

<!--START: ELAYAWAYGATEWAYSCRIPTS-->
                <script type="text/javascript" src="https://app2.elayaway.com/javascripts/prototype.js"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="https://app2.elayaway.com/javascripts/elayaway.js"></script>
                <script>
                function eLayAwayPost() {
                //Hide the calculator
                var myDivCalculator = document.getElementById("elayaway_configurator0");
                myDivCalculator.style.display = 'none';

//Write the selected payment configuration
                var myDivElayaway = document.getElementById("divElayawayInfo");
                var intMonths = 0;
                intMonths = eval(parseInt(document.eci_form.months.value) + 1);
                var myString = "Selected term: " + intMonths + " months";
                myDivElayaway.innerHTML = myString;

document.eci_form.elayawayconfigured.value = "1";
                }
                </script>
                <form name="eci_form" id="eci_form" method="POST" action="javascript:eLayAwayPost();">
                <input type="hidden" value="0" name="elayawayconfigured" id="elayawayconfigured" />
                <input type="hidden" value="" name="months" id="months" />
                <input type="hidden" value="" name="payment_frequency" id="payment_frequency" />
                </form>
                <!--END: ELAYAWAYGATEWAYSCRIPTS-->
                TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

One More quick question... Are you on Version 7.6.0 or Version 8
                  TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

thecartdesigner I am on 7.6.0

I figured out the problem on my own. Apparently there was an updated prototype.js file - it was prototype1.5.1.js - I linked to that file and everything worked.

Luckily I was searching my FTP site and saw that file.

I do have custom Listing and One Page Checkout html files so they weren't updated and I guess the original is no longer supported.
                    Last edited by brian.bills; 09-07-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

brian.bills There may have been 2 in yours, but there is only one if the unmodified common singlepage checkout and it is in the elayaway block. One of the issues is that common has gone to the waist side since html5 responsive became priority listed by google in 2015. Outside of that, when you leave the top prototype script active what happens? The reason I ask is it hangs for me on the checkout and listing which I see has 3dcart's conditional options, or something built by someone else. But if it hangs without prototype, I am not sure what direction to go. It would mean that there is an outside script causing the main issue of the page(s) not loading.

I tried to look at your checkout html from the front end but your file structure is like nothing I have seen in almost a decade of building 3dcart with an extra themes/default levels. Oddly enough, your pages and checkout render in IE Edge. Can you per chance send me a copy of your checkout-singlepage.html to [email protected]
                      TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X