Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make CRM send emails directly to my email or make contact page form work differently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make CRM send emails directly to my email or make contact page form work differently

I do NOT like logging into the crm to reply to emails. I like to manage my emails in outlook. Is there a way I can get customer emails directly to my email and not have to mess with the CRM? Are there other forms that exist that will let customers email me questions without letting spam bots get my email? I am told the CRM only works the way it currently works. I find it to be useless for my needs.

You could embed some other type of contact form on the page that doesn't use the CRM. Jotform is one of many solutions.

Comment

Yes, you can BCC yourself on the CRM - New Ticket email template found in Settings > Design > Emails. Obviously, this will send the contents of the new ticket to your Outlook email.

Here's where it gets theoretical (things I haven't tried, but suspect may work): You probably want to be able to reply to your customer from that Outlook email, yes? On the template I mentioned above, try entering [custemail] (source) into the Reply to: field, like so:

crm1.png
      I'm thinking that should allow you to reply to the customer.

I should point out that with the exception of the initial New Ticket email, all of this will be taking place outside your CRM. This means that your replies won't be logged in the CRM. Maybe that's okay, maybe not; maybe you want to copy/paste the conversation into the ticket before you close it out, maybe not. All that is up to you to decide.

And yes, Jotform is a great product. I have several clients that use it for a basic contact form, warranty / RMA form, surveys, all sorts of stuff.
      - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

3dcart-Henry , will you consider changing the image upload parameters for the forum, please? Max dimensions of 620 x 280 and file size of 20-something Kb is difficult to work within, and kind of nonsensical. It took me like 3 Photoshop edits and upload attempts, and we're just trying to help people. Thanks!
        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Working...
        X