Checkout Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkout Question

Is there anyway to allow customers to checkout using a Canadian billing address, but not allow shipping to Canada? Everything I do adds Canada to both the billing and the shipping in the checkout.

Originally posted by JoeBTI View Post
    Everything I do adds Canada to both the billing and the shipping in the checkout.
    Can you rephrase or elaborate on that? I don't follow you. You should be able to input any address for billing and any address for shipping. What does Canada have to do with the process?

There's nothing native in the software to control what you're asking about, no. However, you can achieve that result by disabling any shipping methods to Canada. People can't ship to Canada if all of your shipping methods are for the US. Does this make sense?
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

DeanP We don't ship into Canada at all, however we deal with several business that have corporate credit cards with a billing address in Canada and US ship-to locations. Since we don't ship to Canada at this time, I need to block this from the shipping address.

Can't seem to figure this out. Maybe its not possible.

Comment

One way is to disable the shipping methods that go to Canada. USPS international (first and Priority), and UPS Standard, and other international methods. Very wide ranging, but will stop showing rates for Canada.

Comment

JoeBTI Tell me what countries outside the US you ship to, and what shipping methods you use, and I'll post exactly what you need to do.

Comment

DeanP Australia, Finland, New Zealand and United Kingdom. We use DHL for all international shipments and UPS for all US shipments

Comment

Okay, thanks. I was going to give you instructions for creating an exclusion for Canada in your shipping method(s), but instead, go to:

Settings > Shipping > Country List > Edit Countries

The countries with checked boxes are the countries you ship to. If you don't ship to Canada, just uncheck the box.

...and uncheck the box for Canada.

shipping.png

Comment

Working...
              X