Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart’s service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing ceo@3dcart.com so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
• Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
• While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
• Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
• Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
• Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
• We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
• Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
• Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
• Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
• We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
• We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
• Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
• You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
• You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
• We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

anyone else using shipstation not able to upload orders past few hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else using shipstation not able to upload orders past few hours

ok - 3dcart server down as far as connecting to shipstation. Sent an email via the conversation tab into 3dcart which states they will reply within 1 day - last time I used this tab didn't hear anything back from anyone. So wondering if anyone else is having issues with the connections between 3dcart and shipstation. From dealing with this issue in the past I know it's 3dcart servers that are down or not connecting.

Here's what we see when we try to update orders into shipstation - the remote server being 3dcart and the 400 code simply means it is down.
    10/12/2017 03:36 pm storeadmin1 An error occurred attempting to update orders: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. 10/12/2017 02:24 pm storeadmin1 An error occurred attempting to update orders: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. 10/12/2017 02:09 pm storeadmin1 An error occurred attempting to update orders: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. 10/12/2017 01:57 pm storeadmin1 An error occurred attempting to update orders: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. 10/12/2017 01:55 pm storeadmin1 An error occurred attempting to update orders: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. 10/12/2017 01:52 pm storeadmin1 An error occurred attempting to update orders: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Error 400 doesn't mean the server is down, if it was down, there would be no response.
    400 as per https://apirest.3dcart.com/Help means that the application is sending something to the API server in the wrong format.

I think you should be reaching out to shipstation, if shipstation feels the issue is on 3dcart server's end, they have a contact to reach our developers to sort it out.

----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Gonzalo - this happens frequently and yes I have reached out to both shipstation and 3dcart numerous times in the past - it has come back to the code that 3dcart is sending over to shipstation via the API which for some reason gets tweaked and then the 2 systems can't communicate.

You would know better than I the issue with the API, but it happens way too frequently and yes in the past it was on 3dcarts side. One time recently in the past year the platforms couldn't communicate for a number of days and the guys at 3dcart had to work on it. All I know is trying to run a business and then this issue pops up more than it should is not fun to deal with in the middle of a shipping day.

So it is something with the API as we've dealt with this so many times that if you speak with shipstation about the issue which they are very good to deal with will tell me that their server is not able to communicate with 3dcarts server from this response code so since we are not technical we state the server is down. You can also get in touch with the guys at shipstation and they will tell you the exact same thing.

Comment

ebeegirl I've checked the account history and I see where this issue happened before back in May. I also see where there was a different error that occurred in June as well. This (400) Bad Request error means there is something wrong with the calls being made and need to be looked into. Last time this happened we requested the call from shipstation but the issue was resolved somehow by then. ticket id: OVS-314-59286 Are you able to get a copy of the call from shipstation and send it in a ticket? I can escalate it to our developers for review once we have it.

Comment

I can confirm that this does happen with regularity -- it usually fixes itself after a few attempts to pull in new orders. Sometimes it has been due to a corrupt order in 3dCart -- i.e., I have had autoship orders that were declined and it goes as a strange type of order that would not allow shipstation to read orders past that order.
          Joe Arbogast
          http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Hey Birdsafe - I do not have any autoship orders - all orders processed from 3dcart are handled the same way and come into the 3dcart platform directly from our website built by 3dcart and no other platforms (eBay, Amazon, etc. so all of our orders come in from 1 route). Wish I knew the "guts" of how the API works since it will be down for a few hours every now and then which is typically during the day when we notice it - if it is down during the night we would not know since we are not processing orders. I'll start to keep a spreadsheet of these down times.

We can still process orders the old fashion way of copying and pasting customer info into shipstation and then copying and pasting tracking info into 3dcart but this takes extra time and starts to cause confusion as to who is working on what order when things are not processed automatically.

Then when you go to call 3dcart after you've been down for 2 hours or so and have to wait in line - it's been taking 20 mins. on hold and then you hang us as customers are calling in to order and then you go to send a message in via the admin center and it states will reply within 24 hours, one tends to get frustrated. Meanwhile the 2 platforms are not playing well together. I can call shipstation and get though in a matter of minutes and they check and tell us the server (ie API connection) is not connecting to them and no way for them to pull over orders. So we state server is down.

Comment

Working...
            X