setting up a promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a promotion

Trying to run a promotion where customers can choose one item from a certain category and they get the item free for orders of $60 or more. I have it set up with the Category selected and the threshold of $60 set on an automatic promotion. The problem is that even if a customer does not choose one of the items and has an order of $60 or more, the promotion still shows up on their cart and on the invoice, even though at $0.00 -- I have tried enter the product category in the settting "Applies if Products from these Categories are in the Basket" but then the promotion doesn't get applied if one of those items are added to the basket. Not sure what that function does. The question is: how do I eliminate the mention of the promotion in the cart and invoice if the customer doesn't take advantage of it.

Thanks
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

The only way to accomplish this would be to not use automatic promotions, and instead, use the coupon field, and, require the customer that wants to take advantage of the promo to type in the coupon code. Or, take advantage of the fact that the promo does automatically show, and on the text of the promo, remind them to go add an item from category X.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks Gil -- that's what I was looking at.

Joe Arbogast

Comment

I really wish 3dcart would offer more promotion types. It's the main weakness of my webstore.

Comment

I really don't understand the purpose of the section "Applies if Products from these Categories" -it makes the promotion not work.
          Joe Arbogast

Comment

Originally posted by robschlein View Post
            I really wish 3dcart would offer more promotion types. It's the main weakness of my webstore.
            Can you give an example of a type of promotion commonly seen everywhere, that the platform can't do right now?
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by Birdsafe View Post
              I really don't understand the purpose of the section "Applies if Products from these Categories" -it makes the promotion not work.
              The use for that is if you want to say for example make a promo "Buy $5000.00 worth of TVs, get $100.00 off accessories", you would make it so they meet at least $5000, but, from category TV.
              So, if they buy $5000 of anything other than TVs, this promo would not trigger.

Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I am glad you brought this up. We have been trying to set something up for months and can't figure it out. (Our fault, we havn't put a lot of effort into it)... We would like to offer a free ring sizer to anyone who orders a ring, if they want it. The ring sizers if purchased alone is $1.99. If they order a ring, we want to throw that in there at no charge. Is there a way to do this? Thank you! D

UPDATE: Found out how to do it... You need to add the product (in this case, the ring sizer) to - "Discount Applies to this Product" section. Works perfect!
                Last edited by damiencaz; 10-20-2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post

Can you give an example of a type of promotion commonly seen everywhere, that the platform can't do right now?
                  One thing that I miss from our other platform was being able to select several products that are part of a promotion. In 3dcart you can only select one product or a category. Our workaround is to create a hidden category then add the products we want to have in the promotion to it.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post

GonzaloGil
                    * Buy one or two get one free, or buy one get one 1/2 off (same item, or from same category)
                    * Auto discount ranges with one code. Buy $50 save 5. $75 > 10, $100 > $15
                    * Also, it would be very beneficial to be able to apply codes through a link (auto-apply), and to be able to stack a two or more coupons automatically through a link.

Comment

% off cheapest or most expensive item. % Off original retail instead of selling price. Buy one get x%, buy 2 get x% and so on. Check out JCP for many promo types or KingSizeDirect. Yes, apply codes via a link.

Comment

Working...
                      X