Mailservers down for it looks like 10 hours now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailservers down for it looks like 10 hours now

Called into support and the person who helped me had no clue they were down until they tried to log in to smartermail - she asked how long and when I mentioned had orders from 11pm last night that emails were never received - that means mail servers down 10 hours now. This makes me a bit nervous that they've been down 10 hours and no mention here https://status.3dcart.com/ and then support not realizing they are down?? I hoping I am not reading too much into this?

I never trust any of the E-commerce email system for problems like that. I use networksolutions.com and they are great. Cheap to use and get alot more for your money worth. Easy to move your email (mx records). Then you wont have to worry about having email problems. I hope it helps :) On the other, note.....they should monitor things better

Comment

thanks - we also use emclient as our email program and have for years and it works great - we do however have order emails sent via our store so the emails match our store url. When smartermail is down we do not get the emails at emclient if that makes any sense. So you are basically not using your store url to receive emails and just using an outside source to get your orders?

Comment

I guess I could use directnic who hosts our url account and use email via them? Still thinking about everything

Comment

Originally posted by ebeegirl View Post
          Called into support and the person who helped me had no clue they were down until they tried to log in to smartermail - she asked how long and when I mentioned had orders from 11pm last night that emails were never received - that means mail servers down 10 hours now. This makes me a bit nervous that they've been down 10 hours and no mention here https://status.3dcart.com/ and then support not realizing they are down?? I hoping I am not reading too much into this?
          Do you have a ticket #? Our systems don't show any problems with the mail server, that's why status.3dcart.com doesn't show any issues there.
          Tested a few domains, no issues, and also no tickets that i could find that have issues getting/receiving mail.
          Would like to see your ticket to see perhaps its related to something else, like DNS or SPAM or something that's just affecting you,

Gonzalo
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Gonzalo - thanks - it was down for about 10-11 hours - ticket # TVY-987-61747 message I got was this: "Hi, The mail system ran a maintenance for some updates this morning. Everything is working fine again. Thank you."

Not sure why the mailserver would be down so long for maintenance and the outages url showed no issues or for that matter even being down - phone support had no idea it was even down so not sure the response I received was completely truthful - just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X